MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, June 5, 2023 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Rays||-1.5 (+101)||O 8.5 (-123)||-163|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-119)||U 8.5 (-103)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: TB: McClanahan (L) BOS: Bello (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays (42-19) visit the Boston Red Sox (30-29) at 4:05 PM ET Monday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Yandy Diaz is batting .312 this year (seventh in the league) for the favored Rays (-163), while Masataka Yoshida ranks fifth in the majors with a .318 average for the underdog Red Sox. Shane McClanahan will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Boston will counter with Brayan Bello.
Rays vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays are the second-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.8 runs per game (355 total).
- The Tampa Bay Rays average 1.7 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 103 home runs in total.
- Tampa Bay is second in MLB with a .267 batting average.
- The Rays’ .342 on-base percentage is second-best in MLB.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-leading .479 slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox have scored 305 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Boston has hit 65 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the majors.
- The Red Sox rank fifth in MLB with a .263 team batting average.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .335 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank fifth in the majors with a .432 team slugging percentage.
Rays vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have won 27 of the 42 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (64.3%).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter, Tampa Bay has gone 16-4 (80%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 62%.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to go over the total 27 times this season for a 27-21-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have covered 52% of their games this season, going 26-24-0 ATS.
- This season, the Red Sox have been the underdog 32 times and won 15, or 46.9%, of those games.
- Boston has entered eight games this season as the underdog by +139 or more and is 4-4 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 41.8% chance to win.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 27 of its 47 opportunities.
- In 49 games with a spread this season, the Red Sox are 22-27-0 ATS.
|Shane McClanahan (TB)||Pitcher||Brayan Bello (BOS)|
|8 – 1||W/L||3 – 3|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco has been key for Tampa Bay with 68 hits, an OBP of .367 plus a slugging percentage of .493.
- Among hitters in baseball, Franco is 89th in homers and 53rd in RBI.
- Franco is batting .429 during his last five games and is on an eight-game hitting streak.
- Diaz leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.312) and home runs (12) this season, while also driving in 34 runs.
- Diaz is 17th in homers and 38th in RBI this season.
- Diaz enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .208 in his last five games.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in RBI with 40 while batting .287 with 11 home runs.
- Josh Lowe has collected 51 hits this season and has an OBP of .348. He’s slugging .565 on the year.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Yoshida paces the Red Sox with a .318 batting average.
- Yoshida’s home run total ranks 89th in MLB, and he is 42nd in RBI.
- Yoshida has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .296 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 21 walks.
- Verdugo currently is 152nd in homers and 125th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 13 home runs and 49 runs batted in.
- Justin Turner is hitting .265 with 11 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!