MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Rays||-1.5 (+141)||O 7.5 (-117)||-149|
|White Sox||+1.5 (-166)||U 7.5 (-107)||+127|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Eflin (R) CHW: Giolito (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago White Sox (7-14) will look to Gavin Sheets, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Tampa Bay Rays (18-3) Sunday at Tropicana Field. The Rays are -149 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 1:40 PM ET live on MLB Network. Tampa Bay’s Zach Eflin gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Lucas Giolito.
Rays vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays have the most prolific offense in baseball scoring 6.9 runs per game (145 total runs).
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 46 total home runs, averaging 2.2 per game.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-leading .286 batting average.
- The Rays have a league-leading .358 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay is the top slugging team in MLB this season with a .535 slugging percentage.
- The White Sox rank 18th in the majors with 93 total runs scored this season.
- Chicago has hit 23 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the majors.
- The White Sox rank 14th in MLB with a .247 team batting average.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The White Sox are 16th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .402 this season.
Rays vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have won eight of the 10 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (80%).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -149 or shorter, Tampa Bay has a record of 5-1 (83.3%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 59.8%.
- In the 10 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Tampa Bay, it has combined with opponents to go over the total six times (6-4-0).
- The Rays have collected a 6-5-0 record ATS this season (covering 54.5% of the time).
- The White Sox have been listed as the underdog seven times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- Chicago has been at least a +127 moneyline underdog four times this season, but was upset in all of those games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 44.1% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in six of its 10 chances.
- The White Sox are 4-7-0 ATS in their 11 games with a spread this season.
|Zach Eflin (TB)||Pitcher||Lucas Giolito (CHW)|
|2 – 0||W/L||1 – 1|
Rays Key Hitters
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.350) and runs batted in (22) this season while also slugging five homers.
- Among hitters in Major League Baseball, Arozarena is 15th in homers and fourth in RBI.
- Arozarena will look to extend his five-game hitting streak. He’s batting .500 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
- Yandy Diaz’s six home runs are most among Tampa Bay batters. He’s driven in 14 runs this season while slugging .592.
- Diaz ranks eighth in homers and 31st in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Diaz has a batting average of .450 with two homers during his last five outings and is on a four-game hit streak.
- Josh Lowe has 19 hits this season and a slash line of .345/.390/.673.
- Wander Franco is batting .288 with an OBP of .367 and a slugging percentage of .538 this season.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Andrew Vaughn leads the White Sox with 14 runs batted in.
- Vaughn’s home run total ranks 185th in the majors, and he is 31st in RBI.
- Luis Robert has hit five home runs to lead his team.
- Robert is 15th in homers and 38th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Andrew Benintendi leads the White Sox with a .284 batting average.
- Benintendi brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Yasmani Grandal is batting .281 with seven doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Grandal enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .235 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!