MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Rays||-1.5 (+120)||O 8.5 (-114)||-136|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-140)||U 8.5 (-111)||+116|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Eflin (R) CHC: Steele (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays (39-18) will be out to avoid the sweep when they visit the Chicago Cubs (24-30) to complete a three-game series. Bookmakers have listed the Rays as -136 favorites for the series finale, while the Cubs are +116 underdogs. Tampa Bay’s Zach Eflin and Chicago’s Justin Steele have been named the starters for this contest.
Rays vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the second-most runs in baseball (336 total, 5.9 per game).
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 101 total home runs, averaging 1.8 per game.
- Tampa Bay has the second-best batting average in MLB (.269).
- The Rays are the top team in baseball this season with a .344 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-high .489 slugging percentage.
- The Cubs have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 245 (4.5 per game).
- Chicago ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 66 home runs.
- The Cubs’ .255 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- Chicago is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .333.
- Fueled by 155 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank 13th in MLB with a .415 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have gone 24-15 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 61.5% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -136 or shorter, Tampa Bay has a 20-7 record (winning 74.1% of its games).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 57.6%.
- Tampa Bay has had an over/under set by bookmakers 44 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 26 of those games (26-18-0).
- The Rays have gone 24-22-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Cubs have won nine out of the 22 games, or 40.9%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Chicago has won six of its 12 games, or 50%, when it’s the underdog by at least +116 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 46.3% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 21 of its 40 opportunities.
- In 43 games with a spread this season, the Cubs are 22-21-0 ATS.
|Zach Eflin (TB)||Pitcher||Justin Steele (CHC)|
|7 – 1||W/L||6 – 2|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco has been key for Tampa Bay with seven home runs, 30 RBI and a batting average of .298 this season.
- Including all hitters in Major League Baseball, Franco is 80th in homers and 42nd in RBI.
- Franco enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .400.
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.320) and home runs (12) this season, while also driving in 30 runs.
- Diaz is 14th in home runs and 42nd in RBI in the bigs.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in RBI with 40 while batting .297 with 11 home runs.
- Josh Lowe has collected 48 hits this season and has an OBP of .349. He’s slugging .575 on the year.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .284 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks.
- In all of the majors, Hoerner ranks 174th in homers and 75th in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .271 with 12 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 31 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Swanson ranks 135th in home runs and 105th in RBI.
- Swanson has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a triple, two walks and two RBI.
- Ian Happ is batting .279 with 15 doubles, four home runs and 38 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom has put his power on display as he leads his team with 14 home runs and 28 RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!