MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Rays||-2.5 (+106)||O 7.5 (-126)||-344|
|Royals||+2.5 (-125)||U 7.5 (-101)||+278|
|Pitching Probables: TB: McClanahan (L) KC: Cuas (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays will take the field against the Kansas City Royals (20-54) on Thursday. The game begins at 6:40 PM ET on MLB Network, with the Rays listed as -344 favorites on the moneyline. Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Jose Cuas.
Rays vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays are the second-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.6 runs per game (428 total).
- The Rays are second in MLB play with 119 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Tampa Bay has the fifth-best batting average in the majors (.263).
- The Rays rank third in baseball with a .338 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay is second in baseball with a .464 slugging percentage.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 276 total runs (3.7 per game) this season.
- Kansas City’s 67 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Royals’ .233 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .297 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Fueled by 204 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 25th in MLB with a .377 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have compiled a 36-19 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 65.5% of those games).
- Tampa Bay has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -344 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 77.5%.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 35 times this season for a 35-29-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have a 35-31-0 record ATS this season (covering 53% of the time).
- This season, the Royals have won 14 out of the 49 games, or 28.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Kansas City has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +278 odds on it winning this game.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 26.5% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 25 of its 54 opportunities.
- The Royals are 25-33-0 against the spread in their 58 chances this season.
|Shane McClanahan (TB)||Pitcher||Jose Cuas (KC)|
|11 – 1||W/L||3 – 0|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco is batting .287 with eight home runs and 35 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Franco is 108th in homers and 73rd in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 14 and runs batted in with 50.
- Arozarena ranks 25th in homers and 12th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Yandy Diaz’s batting average of .303 leads all Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Diaz enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .227 during his last five games.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .266 with an OBP of .366 and a slugging percentage of .495 this season.
- Paredes will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .385 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .246 with 11 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total ranks 38th in the majors, and he is 69th in RBI.
- Salvador Perez has hit 14 home runs with 37 RBI while hitting .271. Those stats all lead his team.
- Perez ranks 25th among hitters in MLB in homers, and 62nd in RBI.
- Perez enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .238 with .
- Edward Olivares is hitting .254 with 10 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 11 walks.
- MJ Melendez has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 29 walks while hitting .211.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!