MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Rays||-1.5 (+106)||O 8.5 (-121)||-196|
|Yankees||+1.5 (-125)||U 8.5 (-104)||+165|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Chirinos (R) NYY: Brito (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Yankees, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays (26-6) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the New York Yankees (17-15) Friday at 6:40 PM ET on BSSUN. Bookmakers consider the Rays -196 favorites to extend their streak, while the Yankees are +165 underdogs looking for the upset. Yonny Chirinos will get the ball for Tampa Bay while New York will counter with Jhony Brito.
Rays vs. Yankees 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the most runs in baseball (210 total, 6.6 per game).
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 67 total home runs, averaging 2.1 per game.
- Tampa Bay’s .278 batting average leads MLB.
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with a .350 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay leads MLB with a .525 slugging percentage this season, racking up 132 extra-base hits.
- The Yankees have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 126 (3.9 per game).
- New York’s 39 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Yankees’ .228 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- New York has an OBP of just .297 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 20th in the majors with a .381 team slugging percentage.
Rays vs. Yankees Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have won 76.2% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (16-5).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -196 or shorter, Tampa Bay has a 4-1 record (winning 80% of its games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 66.2%.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 11 times this season for an 11-10-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have gone 12-10-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Yankees have won two out of the seven games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- New York has played as an underdog of +165 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 37.7% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 20 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees are 8-12-0 against the spread in their 20 chances this season.
|Yonny Chirinos (TB)||Pitcher||Jhony Brito (NYY)|
|1 – 0||W/L||2 – 3|
Rays Key Hitters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in homers with eight while also maintaining a team-best .327 batting average.
- Of all MLB hitters, Diaz ranks seventh in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and sixth in slugging.
- Diaz is batting .417 with one homer during his last five games and is on a two-game hitting streak.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .325 this season with a team-high eight home runs and 29 RBI.
- Arozarena is ninth in home runs and third in RBI in the major leagues.
- Arozarena enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s hitting .333 over the course of his last five games with three homers.
- Wander Franco has 36 hits this season and a slash line of .298/.370/.545.
- Josh Lowe has collected 27 hits this season and has an OBP of .389. He’s slugging .622 on the year.
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres is batting .236 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks.
- In all of MLB, Torres is 82nd in home runs and 175th in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has a club-high 14 runs batted in and .289 batting average.
- Rizzo currently ranks 55th in homers and 88th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Rizzo has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a walk and an RBI.
- Anthony Volpe is batting .221 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs and 16 walks.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .260 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and eight walks.
- LeMahieu has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!