MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
|Rays||-1.5 (+146)||O 8.5 (+101)||-114|
|Yankees||+1.5 (-172)||U 8.5 (-128)||-102|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Eflin (R) NYY: Rodon (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Yankees, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (55-51) will look to Jake Bauers, who has blasted homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Tampa Bay Rays (65-44) Tuesday at Yankee Stadium. The Rays and Brandon Lowe (who has a two-game home run streak of his own) are -114 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:05 PM ET live on TBS. Tampa Bay’s Zach Eflin and New York’s Carlos Rodon have been named the starters for this contest.
Rays vs. Yankees 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the fourth-most runs in baseball (566 total, 5.2 per game).
- The Rays are fourth-best in baseball with 159 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay ranks 10th in MLB with a .255 batting average.
- The Rays’ .327 on-base percentage is 10th-best in MLB.
- Tampa Bay ranks fifth in baseball, slugging .447.
- The Yankees have scored 458 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- New York’s 146 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- The Yankees have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- New York is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .301.
- The Yankees rank 19th in the majors with a .402 team slugging percentage.
Rays vs. Yankees Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have been the moneyline favorite 77 total times this season. They’ve gone 46-31 in those games.
- Tampa Bay has gone 46-29 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -114 or shorter (61.3% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Rays a 53.3% chance to win.
- Tampa Bay has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 96 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 49 of those games (49-47-0).
- The Rays are 46-50-0 against the spread this season.
- The Yankees have won 16, or 42.1%, of the 38 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- New York has a record of 13-16 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least -102 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 50.5% chance to win.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 46 of 85 chances this season.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 44-47-0 in 91 games with a spread this season.
|Zach Eflin (TB)||Pitcher||Carlos Rodón (NYY)|
|11 – 6||W/L||1 – 3|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco is batting .267 with 13 home runs and 50 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Franco is 92nd in homers and 72nd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Franco enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s hitting .316 with two homers.
- Yandy Diaz’s batting average of .318 leads all Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Diaz is 75th in home runs and 70th in RBI among all batters this season.
- Diaz enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .333 in his last five games.
- Isaac Paredes leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 21 and runs batted in with 63.
- Randy Arozarena has 95 hits and an OBP of .363 to go with a slugging percentage of .432 this season.
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres paces the Yankees in runs batted in (44) and has a team-high batting average of .255.
- Among all batters in MLB, Torres is 56th in home runs and 102nd in RBI.
- Aaron Judge has shown his power as he leads his team with 20 home runs.
- Judge ranks 25th in home runs and 111th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .244 with 14 doubles, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
- Anthony Volpe has 13 doubles, three triples, 13 home runs and 36 walks while hitting .210.
- Volpe takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!