MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: Amazon Prime Video
|Rays||-1.5 (+156)||O 7.5 (-112)||-108|
|Yankees||+1.5 (-185)||U 7.5 (-113)||-107|
|Pitching Probables: TB: McClanahan (L) NYY: Cole (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Yankees, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Expect a pitchers’ duel Wednesday when Shane McClanahan (3.00 ERA, fifth in MLB) and the Tampa Bay Rays (66-44) take on Gerrit Cole (2.64, second in MLB) and the New York Yankees (55-52). McClanahan and the Rays are -108 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup, which starts at 7:05 PM ET live on Amazon Prime Video. Tampa Bay sends McClanahan (11-1) out for his 21st start of the season, while Cole (9-2) makes his 23rd start of the year for New York.
Rays vs. Yankees 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays have the No. 4 offense in MLB action scoring 5.2 runs per game (571 total runs).
- The Rays are fourth in MLB play with 161 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Tampa Bay ranks 10th in MLB with a .255 batting average.
- The Rays rank 10th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Tampa Bay is fourth in baseball, slugging .447.
- The Yankees have scored 460 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- New York has hit 146 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the majors.
- The Yankees have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- New York has an OBP of just .301 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Yankees are 19th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .401 this season.
Rays vs. Yankees Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have been favored on the moneyline 78 total times this season. They’ve gone 47-31 in those games.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 48-31 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -108 or shorter (60.8% winning percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 51.9%.
- Tampa Bay has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 97 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 49 of those games (49-48-0).
- The Rays have collected a 47-50-0 record ATS this season.
- The Yankees have been underdogs in 39 games this season and won 16 (41%) of those contests.
- New York has a record of 16-21, a 43.2% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of -107 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 51.7%.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 46 of its 86 games with a total this season.
- In 92 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 44-48-0 ATS.
|Shane McClanahan (TB)||Pitcher||Gerrit Cole (NYY)|
|11 – 1||W/L||9 – 2|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco is batting .267 with 13 home runs and 50 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Franco is 93rd in homers and 72nd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Franco enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .368 with two homers.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .317 to lead Tampa Bay, while adding 15 homers and 52 runs batted in this season.
- Diaz ranks 66th in baseball in home runs, and 65th in RBI.
- Diaz enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .294 in his last five games with one homer.
- Randy Arozarena is among the top hitters for Tampa Bay with a .257 average, 18 homers and 64 RBI.
- Isaac Paredes leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 21 while driving in 63 runs and slugging .511.
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres leads the Yankees with 45 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .255.
- Torres is 55th in homers and 98th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Aaron Judge has hit 20 home runs to lead his team.
- Judge currently is 26th in home runs and 111th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .244 with 14 doubles, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
- Rizzo brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a walk.
- Anthony Volpe is hitting .208 with 13 doubles, three triples, 13 home runs and 36 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!