MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Rays||-1.5 (+153)||O 8.5 (-140)||-135|
|Phillies||+1.5 (-181)||U 8.5 (+110)||+115|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Littell (R) PHI: Walker (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Phillies, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays (57-31) host the Philadelphia Phillies (45-39) at 6:40 PM ET Wednesday for a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. For the favored Rays (-135), Yandy Diaz is batting .313 this year, fourth in the league, while Nicholas Castellanos ranks fifth in the majors with a .312 average for the underdog Phillies. Zack Littell takes the mound for Tampa Bay while Taijuan Walker is Philadelphia’s starter for the contest.
Rays vs. Phillies 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the second-most runs in baseball (489 total, 5.6 per game).
- The Rays are second-best in baseball with 132 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay has the third-best batting average in the majors (.263).
- The Rays are fourth in MLB with a .334 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay ranks third in MLB, slugging .459.
- The Phillies have scored the 20th-most runs in the league this season with 380 (4.5 per game).
- Philadelphia ranks 18th in Major League Baseball with 92 home runs.
- The Phillies have a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- Philadelphia has the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.323).
- Fueled by 268 extra-base hits, the Phillies rank ninth in MLB with a .421 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Phillies Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have gone 39-23 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 62.9% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -135 or shorter, Tampa Bay has a 33-14 record (winning 70.2% of its games).
- The Rays have a 57.4% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to go over the total 42 times this season for a 42-33-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have put together a 40-37-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51.9% of the time).
- The Phillies have entered the game as underdogs 25 times this season and won 11, or 44%, of those games.
- Philadelphia has entered 10 games this season as the underdog by +115 or more and is 3-7 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 46.5%.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 26 of its 70 chances.
- The Phillies have an ATS record of 31-39-0 in 70 games with a spread this season.
|Zack Littell (TB)||Pitcher||Taijuan Walker (PHI)|
|0 – 1||W/L||9 – 3|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco is batting .286 with 10 home runs and 44 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Franco’s home runs put him 98th in Major League Baseball, and he is 58th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .286 this season with a team-high 16 home runs and 58 RBI.
- Arozarena is 24th in home runs and seventh in RBI this season.
- Arozarena has a batting average of .250 with two homers in his last five games and is working on a two-game hit streak.
- Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a .313 batting average while slugging 12 homers and driving in 39 runs.
- Isaac Paredes has collected 66 hits this season and has an OBP of .371. He’s slugging .488 on the year.
Phillies Key Hitters
- Castellanos leads the Phillies with a team-high batting average of .312.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Castellanos ranks 63rd in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber’s 22 home runs are a team-high mark.
- Schwarber ranks fifth overall in homers and 42nd in RBI this season.
- Schwarber has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Bryson Stott has 14 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 18 walks while hitting .296.
- Stott has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Alec Bohm’s 55 runs batted in pace his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!