MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Rays||-1.5 (+121)||O 8.5 (-125)||-169|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-142)||U 8.5 (-102)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Guerra (R) PIT: Contreras (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Tuesday when the Tampa Bay Rays (23-6) and Pittsburgh Pirates (20-9) take to the field at 6:40 PM ET, live on BSSUN. Randy Arozarena is batting .327 for the Rays (-169 favorites on the moneyline) while Bryan Reynolds leads the underdog Pirates (+143) with a .320 average. Tampa Bay’s Javy Guerra gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras.
Rays vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays are the highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 6.7 runs per game (195 total).
- The Tampa Bay Rays have hit a league-leading 61 home runs, averaging 2.1 per game.
- Tampa Bay’s .281 batting average leads the majors.
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with a .351 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay leads MLB with a .527 slugging percentage this season, racking up 120 extra-base hits.
- The Pirates have scored 156 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has hit 34 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank fifth in MLB with a .264 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .343 this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Pirates are third in MLB with a .449 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have a 13-5 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 72.2% of those games).
- Tampa Bay has gone 7-2 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -169 or shorter (77.8% winning percentage).
- The Rays have a 62.8% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Tampa Bay has played in 18 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 10 times (10-8-0).
- The Rays have covered 52.6% of their games this season, going 10-9-0 ATS.
- This season, the Pirates have won seven out of the 11 games, or 63.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Pittsburgh has been at least a +143 moneyline underdog three times this season and won each of those games.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 41.2% chance to win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of its 19 games with a total this season.
- The Pirates are 14-4-0 ATS in their 18 games with a spread this season.
|Javy Guerra (TB)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|0 – 0||W/L||3 – 1|
Rays Key Hitters
- Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.327), home runs (seven) and runs batted in (28) this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Arozarena is seventh in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage, and 15th in slugging.
- Arozarena will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .238 with two homers in his last five games.
- Yandy Diaz is slugging .585 this season, with a team-best seven homers while driving in 16 runs.
- Among all MLB batters, Diaz ranks 10th in homers and 53rd in RBI.
- Wander Franco has collected 33 base hits, an OBP of .369 and a slugging percentage of .545 this season.
- Josh Lowe has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .398. He’s slugging .618 on the year.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Reynolds leads the Pirates in runs batted in (23) and has put up a team-high batting average of .320.
- In all of MLB, Reynolds ranks 40th in homers and seventh in RBI.
- Reynolds brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with seven doubles, five walks and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .256 with five doubles, five home runs and 15 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, McCutchen ranks 40th in homers and 74th in RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .276 with nine doubles, two home runs and 13 walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .231 with eight doubles, two triples, a home run and 10 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!