MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Rays||-1.5 (+105)||O 7.5 (+110)||-217|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-123)||U 7.5 (-140)||+182|
|Pitching Probables: TB: McClanahan (L) PIT: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the best teams in MLB will meet Wednesday for an interleague showdown when the Tampa Bay Rays (24-6) take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (20-10) at 6:40 PM ET on BSSUN. The American League-leading Rays are favored by bookmakers (-217) on the moneyline. Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller.
Rays vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the most runs in baseball (199 total, 6.6 per game).
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 62 total home runs, averaging 2.1 per game.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-high .280 batting average.
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with a .352 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay leads MLB with a .523 slugging percentage this season, hammering out 122 extra-base hits.
- The Pirates are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking sixth with 157 total runs this season.
- Pittsburgh has hit 34 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Pirates’ .261 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .342 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- Fueled by 107 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank sixth in MLB with a .444 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have won 73.7% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (14-5).
- Tampa Bay has played as moneyline favorites of -217 or shorter in only two games this season, which it won both.
- The Rays have a 68.5% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Tampa Bay has played in 19 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 10 times (10-9-0).
- The Rays have covered 55% of their games this season, going 11-9-0 against the spread.
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 12 games this season and won seven (58.3%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has played as an underdog of +182 or more once this season and won that game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 35.5% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 10 of 20 chances this season.
- The Pirates are 14-5-0 ATS in their 19 games with a spread this season.
|Shane McClanahan (TB)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|5 – 0||W/L||3 – 0|
Rays Key Hitters
- Randy Arozarena is batting .325 with seven home runs and 28 RBI. All three of those stats lead Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Of all hitters in Major League Baseball, Arozarena’s home run total ranks him 12th and his RBI tally ranks him second.
- Arozarena is batting .261 with two homers during his last five outings and is riding a four-game hitting streak.
- Yandy Diaz is slugging .579 this season, with a team-best seven homers while driving in 16 runs.
- Diaz ranks 12th in homers and 55th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Wander Franco is slashing .301/.373/.540 this season for the Rays.
- Franco will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .238 with one homer.
- Josh Lowe has 26 hits and an OBP of .398 to go with a slugging percentage of .618 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates in runs batted in (23) and has a team-best batting average of .330.
- Among all batters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 41st, and his RBI total ranks 10th.
- Reynolds brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .353 with seven doubles, six walks and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has five doubles, five home runs and 17 walks while hitting .247.
- McCutchen ranks 41st in home runs and 76th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Carlos Santana is batting .267 with nine doubles, two home runs and 13 walks.
- Connor Joe is hitting .298 with nine doubles, two triples, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Joe brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!