MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Rays||-1.5 (+130)||O 9.5 (-112)||-153|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (-153)||U 9.5 (-113)||+130|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Beeks (L) STL: Hudson (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays (69-46) will look to Yandy Diaz, red hot after a four-hit game, to lead them in a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (49-65) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET on BSSUN. The Rays are -153 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Jalen Beeks starts for Tampa Bay while Dakota Hudson is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Rays vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays have the No. 4 offense in MLB play scoring 5.2 runs per game (597 total runs).
- The Rays are fourth in MLB play with 167 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Tampa Bay has the ninth-best batting average in the majors (.256).
- The Rays rank eighth in MLB with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s .445 slugging percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- The Cardinals rank 12th in the majors with 527 total runs scored this season.
- St. Louis’ 158 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals’ .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks fifth in baseball.
- Fueled by 356 extra-base hits, the Cardinals rank sixth in MLB with a .432 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have won 61% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (50-32).
- Tampa Bay has a 33-14 record (winning 70.2% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -153 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Rays a 60.5% chance to win.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times this season for a 50-51-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have a 50-52-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals have entered the game as underdogs 45 times this season and won 21, or 46.7%, of those games.
- St. Louis is 4-3 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +130 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Cardinals, based on the moneyline, is 43.5%.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 47 of its 90 opportunities.
- The Cardinals are 45-54-0 against the spread this season.
|Jalen Beeks (TB)||Pitcher||Dakota Hudson (STL)|
|2 – 3||W/L||2 – 0|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco has been key for Tampa Bay with 116 hits, an OBP of .336 plus a slugging percentage of .455.
- Franco ranks 75th in the majors in homers, and 70th in RBI.
- Franco enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .381 with two homers.
- Diaz leads Tampa Bay in batting with a .322 average while slugging 16 homers and driving in 56 runs.
- Of all MLB hitters, Diaz is 71st in homers and 61st in RBI.
- Diaz has a batting average of .409 with one homer in his last five outings and is on a four-game hit streak.
- Isaac Paredes leads the club in homers (22) and runs batted in (67) this season.
- Randy Arozarena has collected 100 hits this season and has an OBP of .362. He’s slugging .429 on the year.
- Arozarena will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .211 in his last five games.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado has racked up a team-high batting average of .282, and leads the Cardinals in home runs (24) and runs batted in (80).
- Arenado’s home run total ranks 16th in the big leagues, and he is sixth in RBI.
- Arenado brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .231 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .275 with 22 doubles, 18 home runs and 58 walks.
- Goldschmidt is 40th in homers and 58th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Nolan Gorman has collected a team-high 24 home runs.
- Gorman has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
- Lars Nootbaar is batting .276 with 15 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 51 walks.
- Nootbaar heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, a triple and three walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!