MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 3:08 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
|Rays||-1.5 (+134)||O 7.5 (-131)||-161|
|Rangers||+1.5 (-158)||U 7.5 (+103)||+137|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Eflin (R) TEX: Eovaldi (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Rangers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The AL Wild Card Series resumes Wednesday at 3:08 PM ET when the Tampa Bay Rays host the Texas Rangers live on ABC from Tropicana Field. The Rangers will look to move on to the ALDS while the Rays hope to extend the series with a win. Zach Eflin takes the mound for Tampa Bay while Nathan Eovaldi is Texas’ starter for the contest. The Rays are -161 favorites on the moneyline to win this matchup with the Rangers (+137).
Rays vs. Rangers 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays are the fourth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.3 runs per game (860 total).
- The Rays rank sixth-best in baseball with 230 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay’s .260 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Rays are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .332.
- Tampa Bay’s .445 slugging percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- The Rangers have scored the third-most runs in the league this season with 881.
- Texas’ 233 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers’ .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- Texas has an OBP of .337 this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Rangers rank third in the majors with a .452 team slugging percentage.
Rays vs. Rangers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have a 74-45 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 62.2% of those games).
- Tampa Bay has a 39-18 record (winning 68.4% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -161 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rays’ implied win probability is 61.7%.
- In the 147 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Tampa Bay, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 79 times (79-68-0).
- The Rays have a 77-73-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51.3% of the time).
- The Rangers have been underdogs in 47 games this season and won 23 (48.9%) of those contests.
- Texas is 5-8 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +137 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 42.2% chance of a victory for the Rangers.
- Texas and its opponents have hit the over in 77 of its 139 games with a total this season.
- The Rangers are 77-72-0 ATS in their 149 games with a spread this season.
|Zach Eflin (TB)||Pitcher||Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)|
|16 – 8||W/L||12 – 5|
Rays Key Hitters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.330) this season while adding 22 home runs and 78 RBI.
- Among all batters in Major League Baseball, Diaz’s home run total places him 73rd and his RBI tally places him 63rd.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .250 this season with a team-high 31 home runs and 98 RBI.
- Paredes is 22nd in home runs and 20th in RBI this season.
- Paredes will look to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five games, he’s batting .300 with one homer.
- Randy Arozarena has 141 hits this season and a slash line of .255/.365/.426.
- Arozarena will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .313.
- Josh Lowe has collected 136 hits this season and has an OBP of .335. He’s slugging .498 on the year.
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien is batting .276 with 40 doubles, four triples, 29 home runs and 72 walks.
- Among all batters in the majors, Semien’s home run total puts him 30th, and his RBI total ranks 17th.
- Corey Seager’s .325 batting average leads his team.
- Seager currently ranks 16th in homers and 27th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Adolis Garcia leads the Rangers in home runs (39) and runs batted in (107).
- Garcia brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Nate Lowe is hitting .262 with 38 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 93 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!