MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Rays||-1.5 (-192)||O 8.5 (-107)||-120|
|Blue Jays||+1.5 (+162)||U 8.5 (-117)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Kelley (R) TOR: Bassitt (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Blue Jays, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Tampa Bay Rays (34-14) and Toronto Blue Jays (25-22) meet Monday at Tropicana Field, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET on BSSUN. The Rays are -120 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Blue Jays are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +162 odds. Trevor Kelley will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Toronto will counter with Chris Bassitt.
Rays vs. Blue Jays 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the second-most runs in baseball (290 total, 6.0 per game).
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with 91 total home runs, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Tampa Bay is second in MLB with a .271 batting average.
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with a .347 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay has an MLB-high .499 slugging percentage.
- The Blue Jays rank 13th in the majors with 214 total runs scored this season.
- Toronto has hit 50 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Blue Jays rank 10th in MLB with a .257 team batting average.
- Toronto is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .328.
- Fueled by 142 extra-base hits, the Blue Jays rank 15th in MLB with a .406 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Blue Jays Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have gone 21-11 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 65.6% of those games).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -120 or shorter, Tampa Bay has a record of 21-8 (72.4%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rays’ implied win probability is 54.5%.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 21 times this season for a 21-16-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have put together a 19-19-0 record ATS this season (covering 50% of the time).
- The Blue Jays have entered the game as underdogs nine times this season and won five of those games.
- This season, Toronto has won three of its six games when it’s the underdog by at least +103 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 49.3% chance to win.
- Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of its 37 games with a total this season.
- The Blue Jays have an ATS record of 19-19-0 in 38 games with a spread this season.
|Trevor Kelley (TB)||Pitcher||Chris Bassitt (TOR)|
|0 – 1||W/L||5 – 2|
Rays Key Hitters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.329) and home runs (11) this season, while also chipping in with 27 RBI.
- Diaz is 11th in home runs and 38th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Diaz enters this game on a 14-game hitting streak. In his last five outings, he’s hitting .444 with two homers.
- Randy Arozarena is a key run producer for Tampa Bay with a .304 average, 10 homers and 36 RBI.
- Arozarena ranks 21st in baseball in homers, and eighth in RBI.
- Wander Franco is slashing .277/.340/.473 this season for the Rays.
- Josh Lowe’s 11 home runs are most among Tampa Bay batters. He’s driven in 34 runs this season while slugging .644.
- Lowe is batting .381 with two homers during his last five outings. He also comes into Monday’s game looking to extend his four-game hitting streak.
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Bo Bichette has a team-best batting average of .320, and leads the Blue Jays in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (30).
- Bichette ranks 31st in homers and 27th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is hitting .294 with 11 doubles, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Guerrero ranks 49th in homers and 38th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Matt Chapman has 19 doubles, six home runs and 21 walks while hitting .301.
- Chapman enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .143 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- George Springer has two doubles, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .233.
- Springer enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!