MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Rays||-1.5 (+139)||O 7.5 (-113)||-156|
|Blue Jays||+1.5 (-163)||U 7.5 (-112)||+132|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Glasnow (R) TOR: Bassitt (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Blue Jays, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Yandy Diaz, batting .324 this season, leads the Tampa Bay Rays (94-60) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Bo Bichette (.301 AVG) and the Toronto Blue Jays (85-68). Diaz and the Rays are -156 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Tropicana Field, beginning at 6:40 PM ET live on BSSUN. Tampa Bay’s Tyler Glasnow gets the start, and he’ll go against Toronto’s Chris Bassitt.
Rays vs. Blue Jays 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays score the fourth-most runs in baseball (809 total, 5.3 per game).
- The Rays are fifth in MLB play with 217 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Tampa Bay has the fifth-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Rays rank fifth in MLB with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s .443 slugging percentage ranks fourth-best in MLB.
- The Blue Jays have scored the 16th-most runs in the league this season with 695 (4.5 per game).
- Toronto ranks 18th in Major League Baseball with 175 home runs.
- The Blue Jays rank 10th in MLB with a .255 team batting average.
- Toronto is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .328.
- Fueled by 465 extra-base hits, the Blue Jays rank 16th in MLB with a .414 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Blue Jays Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have been the moneyline favorite 112 total times this season. They’ve finished 70-42 in those games.
- Tampa Bay has gone 43-18 (winning 70.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -156 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rays’ implied win probability is 60.9%.
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 72 times this season for a 72-66-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rays have covered 51.1% of their games this season, going 72-69-0 ATS.
- The Blue Jays have been underdogs in 33 games this season and won 18 (54.5%) of those contests.
- Toronto has entered four games this season as the underdog by +132 or more and is 1-3 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 43.1% chance to win.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 59 of its 137 chances.
- In 142 games with a spread this season, the Blue Jays are 64-78-0 ATS.
|Tyler Glasnow (TB)||Pitcher||Chris Bassitt (TOR)|
|9 – 6||W/L||14 – 8|
Rays Key Hitters
- Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a batting average of .324. He’s also hit 20 home runs with 75 RBI.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Diaz is 81st in home runs and 60th in RBI.
- Diaz is batting .389 during his last five games and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .256 with an OBP of .364 and a slugging percentage of .426 this season.
- Arozarena is 58th in homers and 39th in RBI in the bigs.
- Isaac Paredes leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 29 and runs batted in with 92.
- Paredes enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .263 over the course of his last five games.
- Josh Lowe has collected 123 hits this season and has an OBP of .326. He’s slugging .478 on the year.
- Lowe will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .211 in his last five outings.
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has a team-high 24 home runs and 91 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Guerrero is 48th in home runs and 29th in RBI.
- George Springer has 22 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 58 walks while batting .257.
- Among all major league hitters, Springer ranks 81st in home runs and 97th in RBI.
- Springer has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .261 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Bichette has put up a team-high batting average of .301.
- Whit Merrifield is hitting .278 with 26 doubles, 11 home runs and 34 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!