MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
|Rangers||-1.5 (-106)||O 9.5 (+102)||-227|
|White Sox||+1.5 (-109)||U 9.5 (-129)||+189|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Heaney (L) CHW: Scholtens (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (60-46) stumble into Tuesday’s matchup with the Chicago White Sox (43-64) looking to break a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 8:05 PM ET on BSSW with the Rangers listed as -227 favorites to right the ship. Andrew Heaney will get the ball for Texas while Chicago will counter with Jesse Scholtens.
Rangers vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers have the top offense in baseball scoring 5.7 runs per game (609 total runs).
- The Rangers are seventh in baseball with 144 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas leads MLB with a .272 batting average.
- The Texas Rangers lead the league with a .342 on-base percentage.
- Texas is second in baseball, slugging .458.
- The White Sox rank 23rd in the majors with 446 total runs scored this season.
- Chicago ranks 19th in Major League Baseball with 119 home runs.
- The White Sox rank 20th in MLB with a .238 team batting average.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .296 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- The White Sox are 24th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .389 this season.
Rangers vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have a 37-26 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 58.7% of those games).
- Texas has won all seven games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -227 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Rangers’ implied win probability is 69.4%.
- Texas has played in 89 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times (50-39-0).
- The Rangers have gone 54-39-0 against the spread this season.
- The White Sox have been underdogs in 67 games this season and won 22 (32.8%) of those contests.
- Chicago has entered three games this season as the underdog by +189 or more and is 2-1 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 34.6% chance to win.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 40 of its 90 games with a total this season.
- In 94 games with a spread this season, the White Sox are 45-49-0 ATS.
|Andrew Heaney (TEX)||Pitcher||Jesse Scholtens (CHW)|
|7 – 6||W/L||1 – 3|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 15 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .274 this season.
- Among hitters in Major League Baseball, Semien is 64th in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs (25) and runs batted in (84) this season while batting .259.
- Garcia ranks eighth in home runs and second in RBI this year.
- Garcia enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s hitting .238 over the course of his last five games with one homer.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a .287 batting average while slugging 12 homers and driving in 57 runs.
- Josh Jung has 111 hits and an OBP of .321 to go with a slugging percentage of .480 this season.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert leads the White Sox in home runs (29) and runs batted in (60).
- Robert’s home run total ranks fourth in the big leagues, and he is 34th in RBI.
- Robert heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .247 with 23 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 29 walks.
- Vaughn is 92nd overall in home runs and 42nd in RBI this season.
- Vaughn brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .275 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi paces the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .281.
- Jake Burger is hitting .214 with 15 doubles, a triple, 25 home runs and 22 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!