MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
|Rangers||-1.5 (+146)||O 8.5 (-103)||-140|
|White Sox||+1.5 (-172)||U 8.5 (-123)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Dunning (R) CHW: Cease (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (61-46) are favorites (-140) on the moneyline when they square off against the Chicago White Sox (43-65) Wednesday at 8:05 PM ET, live on BSSW. Texas’ Dane Dunning gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Dylan Cease.
Rangers vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers score the most runs in baseball (611 total, 5.7 per game).
- The Rangers rank sixth in MLB play with 146 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas’ .271 batting average leads the majors.
- The Rangers have a league-high .341 on-base percentage.
- Texas is second in MLB, slugging .457.
- The White Sox have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 446 (4.1 per game).
- Chicago’s 119 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .237 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks last in baseball.
- The White Sox are 24th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .387 this season.
Rangers vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers are 38-26 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 59.4% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -140 or shorter, Texas has a 24-15 record (winning 61.5% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Rangers a 58.3% chance to win.
- Texas has played in 90 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 50 times (50-40-0).
- The Rangers are 55-39-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the White Sox have been the underdog 68 times and won 22, or 32.4%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 9-21, a 30% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +120 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 45.5% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 40 of its 91 opportunities.
- The White Sox are 45-50-0 against the spread in their 95 chances this season.
|Dane Dunning (TEX)||Pitcher||Dylan Cease (CHW)|
|8 – 4||W/L||4 – 4|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien is batting .277 with 15 home runs and 66 RBI for Texas this season.
- Semien ranks 66th in baseball in homers, and 20th in RBI.
- Semien enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .333 with one homer.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs (26) and runs batted in (85) this season while batting .259.
- Among all MLB hitters, Garcia is eighth in homers and second in RBI.
- Garcia will look to extend his six-game hit streak. In his last five games, he’s batting .250 with two homers.
- Nate Lowe is batting .285 to lead Texas, while adding 12 homers and 57 runs batted in this season.
- Josh Jung has collected 111 hits this season and has an OBP of .319. He’s slugging .477 on the year.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Luis Robert has a team-best 29 home runs and 60 runs batted in.
- Robert is fourth in home runs and 37th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Andrew Vaughn has 23 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 29 walks while batting .248.
- Vaughn currently is 93rd in homers and 44th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Vaughn heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .256 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has racked up a team-high batting average of .279.
- Eloy Jimenez has 14 doubles, 13 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .279.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!