MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, July 3, 2023 at 2:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Rangers||-1.5 (-196)||O 8.5 (-129)||-116|
|Astros||+1.5 (+165)||U 8.5 (+102)||-101|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Pérez (L) HOU: Javier (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (50-34) and Houston Astros (46-38) meet Monday at Globe Life Field, starting at 2:05 PM ET on MLB Network. The Rangers are -116 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Astros are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +165 odds. Martin Perez will get the ball for Texas while Houston will counter with Cristian Javier.
Rangers vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers are the highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 5.9 runs per game (494 total).
- The Rangers are sixth in MLB action with 114 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas’ .274 batting average leads the majors.
- The Texas Rangers lead the league with a .343 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ .459 slugging percentage ranks third-best in baseball.
- The Astros have scored the 11th-most runs in the league this season with 389 (4.6 per game).
- Houston ranks 13th in Major League Baseball with 98 home runs.
- The Astros’ .248 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- Houston has an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks 17th in the majors.
- Fueled by 248 extra-base hits, the Astros rank 14th in MLB with a .407 slugging percentage this season.
Rangers vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have compiled a 31-19 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 62% of those games).
- Texas has gone 27-17 (winning 61.4% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -116 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Rangers a 53.7% chance to win.
- Texas has had an over/under set by bookmakers 70 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 41 of those games (41-29-0).
- The Rangers have a 45-28-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Astros have won 15, or 57.7%, of the 26 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Houston has a record of 11-9, a 55% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of -101 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 50.2% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in 34 of its 70 games with a total this season.
- The Astros are 37-33-0 against the spread this season.
|Martín Pérez (TEX)||Pitcher||Cristian Javier (HOU)|
|7 – 3||W/L||7 – 1|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 11 home runs, 56 RBI and a batting average of .287 this season.
- Semien ranks 77th in the majors in home runs, and ninth in RBI.
- Semien enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .368.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs with 20 and runs batted in with 67.
- Garcia ranks ninth in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Nate Lowe has 90 hits this season and a slash line of .276/.369/.433.
- Lowe will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. In his last five games, he has a batting average of .211 with one homer.
- Jonah Heim is batting .285 with an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .489 this season.
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker has 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 38 walks while batting .285.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Tucker’s home run total puts him 57th, and his RBI total ranks 25th.
- Tucker heads into this game on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .342 with three doubles, three home runs, six walks and 10 RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 47 walks while batting .246.
- Bregman is 57th overall in home runs and 21st in RBI this season.
- Mauricio Dubon has a team-high batting average of .288.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .253 with 16 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 17 walks.
- Pena brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .261 with a home run and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!