MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 8:03 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
|Rangers||-1.5 (-181)||O 9.5 (-107)||-114|
|Astros||+1.5 (+153)||U 9.5 (-117)||-102|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Heaney (L) HOU: Urquidy (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The ALCS continues Thursday at 8:03 PM ET when the Texas Rangers host the Houston Astros live on Fox Sports 1 from Globe Life Field. The Rangers would take a commanding 3-1 series lead with a Game 4 win, while the Rangers hope to tie the series up heading into Game 5. Texas’ Andrew Heaney and Houston’s Jose Urquidy have been named the starters for this contest. The Rangers are -114 favorites on the moneyline to win this matchup against the Astros (-102).
Rangers vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers are the third-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.4 runs per game (881 total).
- The Rangers are third in MLB play with 233 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas’ .263 batting average is second-best in MLB.
- The Rangers are third in baseball with a .337 on-base percentage.
- Texas is third in MLB, slugging .452.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking fifth with 827 total runs this season.
- Houston’s 222 home runs rank seventh in Major League Baseball.
- The Astros have a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Houston has an OBP of .331 this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- The Astros are sixth in MLB with a .437 slugging percentage this season.
Rangers vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have compiled a 62-45 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 57.9% of those games).
- Texas has gone 57-39 (winning 59.4% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -114 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Rangers a 53.3% chance to win.
- Texas has played in 146 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 80 times (80-65-1).
- The Rangers have covered 53.2% of their games this season, going 83-73-0 ATS.
- This season, the Astros have won 31 out of the 46 games, or 67.4%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Houston has a record of 24-12 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least -102 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 50.5% chance to win.
- Games involving Houston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 80 of 152 chances this season.
- In 153 games with a spread this season, the Astros are 75-78-0 ATS.
|Andrew Heaney (TEX)||Pitcher||Jose Urquidy (HOU)|
|10 – 6||W/L||3 – 3|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien is batting .276 with 29 home runs and 100 RBI for Texas this season.
- Of all hitters in Major League Baseball, Semien’s home run total ranks him 30th and his RBI tally places him 16th.
- Corey Seager is batting .327 to lead Texas, while adding 33 homers and 96 runs batted in this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Seager ranks 16th in homers and 27th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs with 39 and runs batted in with 107.
- Garcia will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he has a batting average of .300 with one homer.
- Nate Lowe is batting .262 with an OBP of .360 and a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
- Lowe will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .200 with one homer during his last five games.
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker paces the Astros in runs batted in (112) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .284.
- Tucker’s home run total ranks 30th in MLB, and he is third in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .262 with 28 doubles, four triples, 25 home runs and 92 walks.
- Bregman ranks 46th in homers and 19th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Yordan Alvarez has hit a team-best 31 home runs.
- Alvarez has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .311 with 21 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 44 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!