MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
|Rangers||-1.5 (+116)||O 8.5 (-126)||-181|
|Angels||+1.5 (-136)||U 8.5 (-101)||+153|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Scherzer (R) LAA: Sandoval (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Angels, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Monday when the Texas Rangers (70-48) and Los Angeles Angels (59-60) take the field at 8:05 PM ET, live on BSSW. Adolis Garcia has 29 home runs for the Rangers (-181 favorites on the moneyline) while Shohei Ohtani has 41 homers this season for the Angels (+153). Texas’ Max Scherzer gets the start, and he’ll go against Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval.
Rangers vs. Angels 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers have the No. 2 offense in MLB play scoring 5.7 runs per game (672 total runs).
- The Rangers are fifth in baseball with 165 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas’ .271 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Rangers are second in MLB with a .341 on-base percentage.
- Texas is second in baseball, slugging .462.
- The Angels have scored the eighth-most runs in the league this season with 575.
- Los Angeles ranks third in Major League Baseball with 177 home runs.
- The Angels’ .252 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- Los Angeles has an OBP of .326 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Angels rank fifth in the majors with a .440 team slugging percentage.
Rangers vs. Angels Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have won 62.5% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (45-27).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -181 or shorter, Texas has a 15-5 record (winning 75% of its games).
- The Rangers have an implied moneyline win probability of 64.4% in this game.
- Texas has played in 99 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 53 times (53-46-0).
- The Rangers are 62-43-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Angels have been the underdog 53 times and won 24, or 45.3%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has entered five games this season as the underdog by +153 or more and is 2-3 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 39.5% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 49 of its 100 games with a total this season.
- The Angels are 50-54-0 against the spread this season.
|Max Scherzer (TEX)||Pitcher||Patrick Sandoval (LAA)|
|11 – 4||W/L||6 – 8|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas with a batting average of .281. He’s also hit 18 home runs with 72 RBI.
- Semien ranks 52nd in Major League Baseball in home runs, and 23rd in RBI.
- Semien will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .333 over the course of his last five outings.
- Garcia leads Texas in home runs (29) and runs batted in (89) this season while batting .259.
- Garcia is seventh in homers and third in RBI in the majors.
- Corey Seager has 105 hits this season and a slash line of .348/.407/.649.
- Seager is batting .357 with six homers during his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Nate Lowe has 127 hits and an OBP of .370 to go with a slugging percentage of .450 this season.
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani leads the Angels in home runs (41), runs batted in (84) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .305.
- Ohtani is second in home runs and sixth in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ohtani heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has 29 doubles, 17 home runs and 33 walks while hitting .246.
- Renfroe ranks 68th in home runs and 89th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .237 with 12 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 35 walks.
- Brandon Drury is batting .274 with 19 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 16 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!