MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
|Rangers||-1.5 (+109)||O 9.5 (+102)||-185|
|Angels||+1.5 (-128)||U 9.5 (-129)||+156|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Gray (R) LAA: Detmers (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Angels, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (72-48) host the Los Angeles Angels (59-62) at 8:05 PM ET Wednesday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best home-run hitters in baseball. Adolis Garcia has racked up 30 homers this season (No. 6 in the league) for the favored Rangers which sit as -185 favorites, while Shohei Ohtani ranks second in the majors with 41 dingers of his own for the underdogs. Jon Gray will get the ball for Texas while Los Angeles will counter with Reid Detmers.
Rangers vs. Angels 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers have the No. 2 offense in MLB play scoring 5.8 runs per game (691 total runs).
- The Rangers are fifth in MLB action with 169 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas has the second-best batting average in MLB (.273).
- The Rangers are second in MLB with a .342 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ .465 slugging percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- The Angels are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking ninth with 578 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles ranks third in Major League Baseball with 178 home runs.
- The Angels rank 16th in MLB with a .250 team batting average.
- Los Angeles has the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.324).
- The Angels are fifth in MLB with a .437 slugging percentage this season.
Rangers vs. Angels Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers are 47-27 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 63.5% of those games).
- Texas has gone 17-5 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -185 or shorter (77.3% winning percentage).
- The Rangers have a 64.9% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- In the 101 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Texas, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 55 times (55-46-0).
- The Rangers have put together a 64-43-0 record ATS this season (covering 59.8% of the time).
- This season, the Angels have won 24 out of the 55 games, or 43.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Los Angeles has won two of its seven games when it’s the underdog by at least +156 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 39.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 51 of 102 chances this season.
- The Angels are 50-56-0 against the spread in their 106 chances this season.
|Jon Gray (TEX)||Pitcher||Reid Detmers (LAA)|
|8 – 5||W/L||2 – 9|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas in batting average (.282) this season while adding 19 home runs and 78 RBI.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Semien is 42nd in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Semien enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s hitting .364 with one homer.
- Garcia is batting .258 this season with a team-high 30 home runs and 91 RBI.
- Garcia is sixth in Major League Baseball in home runs, and second in RBI.
- Corey Seager has collected 109 base hits, an OBP of .410 and a slugging percentage of .666 this season.
- Seager enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .318 in his last five outings with three homers.
- Nate Lowe has 130 hits and an OBP of .369 to go with a slugging percentage of .448 this season.
- Lowe will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .261 with one homer in his last five outings.
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani leads the Angels in home runs (41), runs batted in (84) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .302.
- In all of MLB, Ohtani is second in homers and sixth in RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .243 with 29 doubles, 17 home runs and 34 walks.
- Renfroe ranks 69th overall in homers and 90th in RBI this year.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .235 with 12 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 35 walks.
- Randal Grichuk is hitting .287 with 18 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 20 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!