MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
|Rangers||-1.5 (-117)||O 8.5 (-126)||-243|
|Athletics||+1.5 (+100)||U 8.5 (-101)||+202|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Heaney (L) OAK: Fujinami (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Jonah Heim (two-game homer streak), the Texas Rangers (12-7) are favorites versus the Oakland Athletics (4-16) Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. Oddsmakers have named the Rangers as -243 favorites for the game, which airs on BSSW. Andrew Heaney gets the starting nod for Texas while Shintaro Fujinami is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Rangers vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers score the second-most runs in baseball (116 total, 6.1 per game).
- The Rangers are 14th in MLB play with 22 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Texas’ .249 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Rangers are 12th in MLB with a .327 on-base percentage.
- Texas ranks 12th in MLB with a .412 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 70 total runs (3.5 per game) this season.
- Oakland ranks 23rd in Major League Baseball with 18 home runs.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .225 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Oakland has the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.307).
- The Athletics rank 26th in the majors with a .350 team slugging percentage.
Rangers vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have won three of the five games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (60%).
- Texas has played as moneyline favorites of -243 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Rangers’ implied win probability is 70.8%.
- Texas has had an over/under set by oddsmakers nine times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in seven of those games (7-2-0).
- The Rangers have covered 66.7% of their games this season, going 6-3-0 ATS.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 10 times and won two of those games.
- Oakland has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +202 odds on it winning this game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 33.1% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in seven of its 10 chances.
- The Athletics are 3-7-0 against the spread this season.
|Andrew Heaney (TEX)||Pitcher||Shintaro Fujinami (OAK)|
|1 – 1||W/L||0 – 3|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas in batting average (.282) and home runs (four) this season, while also chipping in with 18 RBI.
- Semien’s home runs put him 25th in MLB, and he ranks sixth in RBI.
- Heim is slugging .592 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in 14 runs.
- Heim has a batting average of .333 with two homers during his last five outings and is riding a four-game hit streak.
- Nate Lowe is slashing .244/.294/.410 this season for the Rangers.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs with four and runs batted in with 20.
- Garcia will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .190 with one homer during his last five games.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker paces the Athletics in home runs (four) and runs batted in (11).
- Rooker is 25th in homers and 58th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Esteury Ruiz has a club-best .299 batting average.
- Ruiz ranks 279th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 93rd in RBI.
- Ruiz enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with two RBI.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .162 with two doubles, a home run and nine walks.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .237 with two doubles, three home runs and three walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!