MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 2:35 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: BSSW
|Rangers||-2.5 (+109)||O 7.5 (+107)||-333|
|Athletics||+2.5 (-128)||U 7.5 (-136)||+269|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: deGrom (R) OAK: Muller (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (13-7) will look to Adolis Garcia (three-homer game last time out) to lead them in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics (4-17) Sunday at 2:35 PM ET on BSSW. The Rangers are -333 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Jacob deGrom starts for Texas while Kyle Muller is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Rangers vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers are the second-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 6.7 runs per game (134 total).
- The Rangers average 1.3 home runs per game to rank ninth in baseball with 26 total home runs.
- Texas’ .260 batting average is sixth-best in the majors.
- The Rangers’ .339 on-base percentage ranks sixth-best in baseball.
- Texas ranks sixth in MLB with a .436 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics have scored 73 runs (just 3.5 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Oakland has hit 19 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Athletics rank 27th in MLB with a team batting average of just .225.
- Oakland has an OBP of .307 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Athletics are 26th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .352 this season.
Rangers vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have compiled a 4-2 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Texas has not played a game with moneyline odds of -333 or shorter.
- The Rangers have a 76.9% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Texas has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total eight times this season for an 8-2-0 record against the over/under.
- The Rangers have covered 70% of their games this season, going 7-3-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 11 times and won two of those games.
- Oakland has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +269 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 27.1% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in eight of 11 chances this season.
- The Athletics are 3-8-0 ATS in their 11 games with a spread this season.
|Jacob deGrom (TEX)||Pitcher||Kyle Muller (OAK)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Garcia leads Texas in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (28) this season while batting .260.
- Of all hitters in Major League Baseball, Garcia’s home run total places him fifth and his RBI tally ranks him first.
- Garcia enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .364 with four homers.
- Marcus Semien is batting .296 to lead Texas, while adding four homers and 20 runs batted in this season.
- Semien ranks 33rd in homers and fifth in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Jonah Heim is slashing .314/.417/.608 this season for the Rangers.
- Heim will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. In his last five games, he has a batting average of .429 with two homers.
- Nate Lowe has collected 21 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .415 on the year.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker has put up a team-high four home runs and 11 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Rooker is 33rd in homers and 64th in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz’s .296 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Ruiz currently is 287th in home runs and 100th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Ruiz brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp has two doubles, a home run and nine walks while hitting .162.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .230 with two doubles, three home runs and four walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!