MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Rangers||-2.5 (+112)||O 8.5 (-125)||-256|
|Athletics||+2.5 (-131)||U 8.5 (-102)||+212|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Eovaldi (R) OAK: Medina (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Thursday when the Texas Rangers (22-14) and Oakland Athletics (8-30) take the field at 9:40 PM ET, live on NBCS-CA. Adolis Garcia has nine home runs for the Rangers (-256 favorites on the moneyline) while Brent Rooker has 10 homers this season for the Athletics (+212). Texas’ Nathan Eovaldi gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Luis Medina.
Rangers vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers are the second-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 6.3 runs per game (227 total).
- The Rangers are eighth-best in baseball with 47 total home runs.
- Texas has the fifth-best batting average in the majors (.265).
- The Rangers rank fifth in baseball with a .338 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ .440 slugging percentage is fifth-best in baseball.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 147 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Oakland’s 43 home runs rank 12th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Athletics are 21st in MLB with a slugging percentage of .384 this season.
Rangers vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have put together a 7-6 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 53.8% of those games).
- Texas has played as moneyline favorites of -256 or shorter in just two games this season, which it won both.
- The Rangers have an implied moneyline win probability of 71.9% in this matchup.
- Texas has played in 25 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 16 times (16-9-0).
- The Rangers have a 16-9-0 record ATS this season (covering 64% of the time).
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 27 games this season and won six (22.2%) of those contests.
- Oakland has not won as an underdog of +212 or more on the moneyline this season in three such games.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 32.1%.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 16 of 25 chances this season.
- The Athletics are 11-17-0 against the spread in their 28 chances this season.
|Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|4 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 42 hits, an OBP of .377 plus a slugging percentage of .476.
- Semien’s home runs rank him 49th in MLB, and he ranks sixth in RBI.
- Garcia leads Texas in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (36) this season while batting .252.
- Among all MLB hitters, Garcia ranks ninth in homers and first in RBI.
- Jonah Heim leads Texas with a .315 batting average while slugging six homers and driving in 28 runs.
- Heim will look to add one more to his nine-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .400.
- Nate Lowe has 37 hits and an OBP of .335 to go with a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
- Lowe enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he’s hitting .286.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Rooker leads the Athletics with 10 home runs and 26 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .317.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Rooker ranks sixth in homers and 16th in RBI.
- Rooker takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz has nine doubles, a triple and four walks while batting .265.
- Ruiz is 347th in homers and 98th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Ryan Noda is batting .244 with eight doubles, a triple, three home runs and 26 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .227 with two doubles, a triple, six home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!