MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Rangers||-1.5 (+118)||O 8.5 (-138)||-138|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-138)||U 8.5 (+109)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Dunning (R) PIT: Ortiz (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (29-17) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-22) on Monday at 6:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. The Rangers are listed as -138 favorites by oddsmakers, while the Pirates are +118 underdogs. Texas’ Dane Dunning and Pittsburgh’s Luis Ortiz have been named the starters for this contest.
Rangers vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers score the most runs in baseball (297 total, 6.5 per game).
- The Rangers are seventh in baseball with 63 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Texas leads the majors with a .272 batting average.
- The Rangers rank second in baseball with a .342 on-base percentage.
- Texas ranks third in MLB with a .455 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored 203 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has hit 42 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of .243 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .323 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- Fueled by 141 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank 16th in MLB with a .397 slugging percentage this season.
Rangers vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have won 66.7% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (14-7).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter, Texas has a record of 12-3 (80%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Rangers a 58% chance to win.
- In the 35 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Texas, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 23 times (23-12-0).
- The Rangers are 24-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs 24 times this season and won 10, or 41.7%, of those games.
- This season, Pittsburgh has won eight of its 17 games, or 47.1%, when it’s the underdog by at least +118 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 45.9% chance to win.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 18 of its 36 chances.
- The Pirates are 19-15-0 ATS in their 34 games with a spread this season.
|Dane Dunning (TEX)||Pitcher||Luis Ortiz (PIT)|
|4 – 0||W/L||0 – 2|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas in batting average (.305) this season while adding seven home runs and 38 RBI.
- Semien’s home runs rank him 49th in MLB, and he is sixth in RBI.
- Semien will look to extend his 11-game hitting streak. He’s batting .364 during his last five games.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .256 this season with a team-high 14 home runs and 49 RBI.
- Garcia ranks third in homers and first in RBI this year.
- Nate Lowe has collected 51 base hits, an OBP of .354 and a slugging percentage of .454 this season.
- Lowe is batting .350 with one homer during his last 10 outings while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Jonah Heim is batting .294 with an OBP of .357 and a slugging percentage of .483 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in runs batted in (27) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .282.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 83rd in MLB, and he is 38th in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen’s seven home runs pace his team.
- Among all major league batters, McCutchen ranks 49th in homers and 105th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .234 with 11 doubles, three triples, a home run and 14 walks.
- Carlos Santana has 14 doubles, two home runs and 23 walks while hitting .237.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!