MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Rangers||-1.5 (+106)||O 8.5 (-104)||-161|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-125)||U 8.5 (-121)||+137|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Eovaldi (R) PIT: Hill (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (29-18), led by Marcus Semien on a 12-game hitting streak, will meet the Pittsburgh Pirates (25-22) Tuesday at PNC Park. The Rangers are -161 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 6:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. Nathan Eovaldi will get the ball for Texas while Pittsburgh will counter with Rich Hill.
Rangers vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers score the most runs in baseball (301 total, 6.4 per game).
- The Rangers rank seventh-best in MLB play with 64 total home runs.
- Texas leads MLB with a .271 batting average.
- The Rangers rank second in baseball with a .341 on-base percentage.
- Texas is third in MLB, slugging .453.
- The Pirates have scored 209 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has hit 43 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 16th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .325 this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- Fueled by 144 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank 16th in MLB with a .399 slugging percentage this season.
Rangers vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers have gone 14-8 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 63.6% of those games).
- Texas has a record of 12-3 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -161 or shorter (80% winning percentage).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rangers’ implied win probability is 61.7%.
- Texas has played in 36 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 24 times (24-12-0).
- The Rangers have a 24-12-0 record against the spread this season (covering 66.7% of the time).
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 25 games this season and won 11 (44%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 6-5, a 54.5% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +137 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Pirates, based on the moneyline, is 42.2%.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 19 of its 37 games with a total this season.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 20-15-0 in 35 games with a spread this season.
|Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)||Pitcher||Rich Hill (PIT)|
|5 – 2||W/L||4 – 3|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Semien leads Texas with a .304 batting average. He’s also hit seven homers and has 39 RBI.
- Semien ranks 52nd in baseball in homers, and fifth in RBI.
- Semien is batting .364 during his last five outings and is on a 12-game hitting streak.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .250 this season with a team-high 14 home runs and 49 RBI.
- Garcia is third in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Nate Lowe has collected 53 base hits, an OBP of .357 and a slugging percentage of .455 this season.
- Lowe is batting .375 with one homer in his last 10 games while also on a four-game hitting streak.
- Jonah Heim is batting .286 with an OBP of .348 and a slugging percentage of .469 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates in runs batted in (27) and has a team-high batting average of .287.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 86th, and his RBI total ranks 39th.
- Andrew McCutchen has hit seven home runs to pace his team.
- McCutchen ranks 52nd overall in home runs and 108th in RBI this season.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 12 doubles, three triples, a home run and 15 walks while hitting .236.
- Carlos Santana is batting .239 with 14 doubles, two home runs and 24 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!