MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 12:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Rangers||-1.5 (+127)||O 9.5 (+105)||-123|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-149)||U 9.5 (-133)||+105|
|Pitching Probables: TEX: Pérez (L) PIT: Oviedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rangers vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Texas Rangers (30-18) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (25-23) Wednesday to close out a three-game series. The Rangers are favored (-123) to win the rubber match, which starts at 12:35 PM ET from PNC Park. Martin Perez gets the starting nod for Texas while Johan Oviedo is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Rangers vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Rangers have the top offense in MLB action scoring 6.4 runs per game (307 total runs).
- The Rangers average 1.4 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB play with 65 total home runs.
- Texas’ .270 batting average leads MLB.
- The Rangers rank second in MLB with a .340 on-base percentage.
- Texas is third in baseball, slugging .453.
- The Pirates have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 210 (4.4 per game).
- Pittsburgh’s 43 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates’ .244 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .323 this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Pirates rank 16th in the majors with a .396 team slugging percentage.
Rangers vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rangers are 15-8 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 65.2% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -123 or shorter, Texas has a record of 13-6 (68.4%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Rangers’ implied win probability is 55.2%.
- Texas has played in 37 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 24 times (24-13-0).
- The Rangers are 25-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 26 games this season and won 11 (42.3%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 9-14 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +105 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Pirates, based on the moneyline, is 48.8%.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 19 of 38 chances this season.
- The Pirates are 20-16-0 against the spread this season.
|Martín Pérez (TEX)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|5 – 1||W/L||3 – 3|
Rangers Key Hitters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas with a batting average of .301. He’s also hit seven home runs with 39 RBI.
- Semien’s home runs rank him 55th in MLB, and he ranks fifth in RBI.
- Semien enters this game on a 13-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s hitting .364.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs (14) and runs batted in (49) this season while batting .256.
- Garcia ranks third in homers and first in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Nate Lowe has 54 hits this season and a slash line of .286/.364/.455.
- Lowe enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s batting .526 during his last five outings.
- Jonah Heim is batting .278 with an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .457 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with 28 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .287.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 91st in MLB, and he is 40th in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has put his power on display as he leads his team with seven home runs.
- McCutchen ranks 55th in home runs and 115th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- McCutchen enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .421 with a double and three walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 12 doubles, three triples, a home run and 15 walks while hitting .232.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .233 with 14 doubles, two home runs and 24 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!