MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
TJ Friedl and the Cincinnati Reds will match up against starting pitcher Johnny Cueto and the Miami Marlins at Great American Ball Park on Wednesday at 12:35 PM ET.
Game Info and TJ Friedl Props
- Day: Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Hits Prop: Over/under 1 hit (Over odds: -285)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +450)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 2 total bases (Over odds: +105)
TJ Friedl Stats
- Friedl is batting .283 to lead Cincinnati, while adding 10 homers and 45 runs batted in this season.
- Among qualified batters, he ranks 21st in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage, and 56th in slugging.
- Friedl has a batting average of .316 with two homers over the course of his last games and is on a four-game hit streak.
- In 63.0% of his games this year (58 of 92), he has collected at least one hit, and in 30 of those contests (32.6%) he recorded at least two hits.
- He has left the park in 10.9% of his games in 2023, and 2.7% of his trips to the plate.
- Friedl has tallied an RBI in 28 games this year (30.4%), including 10 games with more than one RBI (10.9%). He has also driven home three or more of his team’s runs in five contests.
Marlins Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The 9.6 K/9 rate compiled by the Marlins pitching staff ranks second in baseball.
- The Marlins’ 4.19 team ERA ranks 15th in MLB.
- Marlins pitchers have surrendered 131 total home runs at a rate of 1.1 per game, ranking them 14th in baseball.
- The Marlins’ Cueto (0-3) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The 37-year-old has pitched in five games this season with a 5.32 ERA, 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average against of .192.
Friedl’s recent games
- vs. Marlins on August 8: 1-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 K
- vs. Marlins on August 7: 2-for-4, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 SB
- vs. Nationals on August 6: 2-for-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 SB
- vs. Nationals on August 5: 1-for-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 2 K
- at Cubs on August 3: 0-for-4, 1 K
- at Cubs on August 2: 2-for-2, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI
- at Cubs on August 1: 0-for-4, 1 K
- at Cubs on July 31: 0-for-3, 1 R, 1 K, 2 BB, 1 SB
- at Dodgers on July 30: 2-for-5, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 K
- at Dodgers on July 29: 1-for-4, 1 R
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!