MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
|Blue Jays||-1.5 (+123)||O 9.5 (-109)||-133|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-144)||U 9.5 (-116)||+113|
|Pitching Probables: TOR: Kikuchi (L) BOS: Houck (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Blue Jays vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Toronto Blue Jays (18-11) and Bo Bichette (five hits last time out) are favored (-133) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Boston Red Sox (16-14) on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET on TBS. Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Tanner Houck.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Blue Jays have the No. 11 offense in MLB play scoring 4.7 runs per game (137 total runs).
- The Blue Jays are 17th in MLB play with 32 total home runs.
- Toronto has the eighth-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Blue Jays’ .334 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in baseball.
- Toronto ranks 15th in baseball with a .408 slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking third with 169 total runs this season.
- Boston has hit 40 homers this season, which ranks fifth in the majors.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .261 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- Boston has an OBP of .336 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- Fueled by 106 extra-base hits, the Red Sox rank sixth in MLB with a .445 slugging percentage this season.
|Blue Jays||Red Sox|
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Blue Jays have compiled a 10-4 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 71.4% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -133 or shorter, Toronto has an 8-3 record (winning 72.7% of its games).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Blue Jays have an implied win probability of 57.1%.
- Toronto has combined with opponents to go over the total seven times this season for a 7-13-0 record against the over/under.
- The Blue Jays have a 12-8-0 record ATS this season (covering 60% of the time).
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in 14 games this season and won six (42.9%) of those contests.
- Boston has a record of 4-3 when it’s set as an underdog of +113 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 46.9% chance to win.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of its 20 games with a total this season.
- The Red Sox have an ATS record of 9-11-0 in 20 games with a spread this season.
|Yusei Kikuchi (TOR)||Pitcher||Tanner Houck (BOS)|
|4 – 0||W/L||3 – 1|
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Bichette is batting .344 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 21 RBI.
- Of all hitters in Major League Baseball, Bichette’s home run total ranks him 10th and his RBI tally ranks him 17th.
- Bichette is batting .435 with three homers during his last five games and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Matt Chapman leads Toronto in runs batted in with 21 while batting .379 with five homers.
- Chapman is 40th in baseball in home runs, and 17th in RBI.
- Chapman enters this game on an eight-game hit streak. He’s hitting .471 during his last five outings.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is slashing .304/.386/.487 this season for the Blue Jays.
- Whit Merrifield has 25 hits and an OBP of .378 to go with a slugging percentage of .418 this season.
- Merrifield enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings he’s hitting .316.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Alex Verdugo paces the Red Sox with a team-best batting average of .311.
- Verdugo ranks 40th in home runs and 34th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Verdugo takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Rafael Devers has shown off his power as he leads his team with 10 home runs and 27 runs batted in.
- Devers is third in homers and fourth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .286 with five doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Yoshida heads into this game on an 11-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .421 with four doubles, three home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Justin Turner is batting .259 with five doubles, two home runs and 14 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!