MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Blue Jays||-1.5 (+116)||O 9.5 (-109)||-144|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-136)||U 9.5 (-116)||+123|
|Pitching Probables: TOR: Manoah (R) BOS: Pivetta (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Blue Jays vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a four-hit effort last time out, Connor Wong leads the Boston Red Sox (17-14) into action as +123 underdogs against the Toronto Blue Jays (18-12). First pitch from Fenway Park at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday, live on MLB Network. Toronto’s Alek Manoah gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Nick Pivetta.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Blue Jays are the 11th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.8 runs per game (143 total).
- The Blue Jays rank 15th in MLB play with 33 total home runs.
- Toronto has the ninth-best batting average in MLB (.257).
- The Blue Jays rank ninth in baseball with a .333 on-base percentage.
- Toronto is 15th in MLB, slugging .406.
- The Red Sox have scored 176 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Boston ranks fifth in Major League Baseball with 44 home runs.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .266 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .339 this season, which ranks fifth in baseball.
- The Red Sox are second in MLB with a .458 slugging percentage this season.
|Blue Jays||Red Sox|
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Blue Jays have won 66.7% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (10-5).
- Toronto has a 7-3 record (winning 70% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -144 or shorter.
- The Blue Jays have a 59% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Toronto has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total eight times this season for an 8-13-0 record against the over/under.
- The Blue Jays have covered 57.1% of their games this season, going 12-9-0 ATS.
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in 15 games this season and won seven (46.7%) of those contests.
- Boston has a record of 4-2 when it’s set as an underdog of +123 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 44.8% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 15 of its 21 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are 10-11-0 ATS in their 21 games with a spread this season.
|Alek Manoah (TOR)||Pitcher||Nick Pivetta (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in home runs with seven and runs batted in with 21.
- Bichette is 12th in home runs and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Matt Chapman leads Toronto in batting average (.374) and runs batted in (21) this season while also slugging five homers.
- Chapman ranks 41st in homers and 19th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Chapman has a batting average of .421 during his last five games and is riding a nine-game hit streak.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has collected 37 base hits, an OBP of .390 and a slugging percentage of .487 this season.
- Guerrero enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .200 during his last five games.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .301 with an OBP of .362 and a slugging percentage of .398 this season.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Alex Verdugo paces the Red Sox with a team-best batting average of .317.
- Verdugo ranks 41st in home runs and 36th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Verdugo takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .348 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Rafael Devers has hit 10 home runs with 27 runs batted in. Both pace his team.
- Among all major league batters, Devers is fourth in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida is hitting .298 with five doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Yoshida has safely hit in 12 straight games. During his last 10 games he is batting .459 with three doubles, four home runs, five walks and 10 RBI.
- Justin Turner has six doubles, two home runs and 14 walks while batting .265.
- Turner heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .227 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!