MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 6:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
|Blue Jays||-1.5 (-101)||–||-163|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-116)||–||+139|
|Pitching Probables: TOR: Gausman (R) BOS: Bello (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Blue Jays vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Masataka Yoshida will look to extend his 13-game hitting streak when the Boston Red Sox (18-14) take on the Toronto Blue Jays (18-13). The Blue Jays are listed as -163 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 6:10 PM ET Thursday, live on NESN from Fenway Park. Kevin Gausman takes the mound for Toronto while Brayan Bello is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Blue Jays have the No. 11 offense in MLB play scoring 4.7 runs per game (146 total runs).
- The Blue Jays are 13th in MLB action with 35 total home runs.
- Toronto’s .254 batting average ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Blue Jays rank 10th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .330.
- Toronto is 14th in MLB, slugging .407.
- The Red Sox have scored 184 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Boston ranks fifth in Major League Baseball with 44 home runs.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .270 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .343 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank fourth in the majors with a .459 team slugging percentage.
|Blue Jays||Red Sox|
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Blue Jays have won 10 of the 16 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (62.5%).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter, Toronto has gone 6-2 (75%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Blue Jays a 62% chance to win.
- Toronto has played in 22 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total nine times (9-13-0).
- The Blue Jays have gone 12-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Red Sox have won eight, or 50%, of the 16 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Boston has won two of its four games when it’s the underdog by at least +139 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 41.8% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Games involving Boston have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 16 of 22 chances this season.
- The Red Sox are 11-11-0 ATS in their 22 games with a spread this season.
|Kevin Gausman (TOR)||Pitcher||Brayan Bello (BOS)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has been key for Toronto with 39 hits, an OBP of .393 plus a slugging percentage of .512.
- Among batters in baseball, Guerrero is 31st in homers and 41st in RBI.
- Guerrero is batting .286 with one homer during his last five games and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Matt Chapman leads Toronto in runs batted in with 21 while batting .364 with five homers.
- Chapman ranks 52nd in homers and 21st in RBI in the majors.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (21) this season while batting .328.
- Daulton Varsho has collected 23 hits this season and has an OBP of .302. He’s slugging .364 on the year.
- Varsho will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .300 with two homers during his last five games.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Alex Verdugo has put up a team-high batting average of .315.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Verdugo ranks 52nd in homers and 41st in RBI.
- Verdugo has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .391 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Rafael Devers has put his power on display as he paces his team with 10 home runs and 27 runs batted in.
- Devers ranks fourth among hitters in the majors in homers, and fourth in RBI.
- Yoshida is batting .303 with six doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Yoshida enters this game on a 13-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .447 with four doubles, four home runs, five walks and 12 RBI.
- Justin Turner has seven doubles, two home runs and 15 walks while batting .273.
- Turner brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!