MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Blue Jays||-1.5 (+141)||O 9.5 (+158)||-114|
|Astros||+1.5 (-166)||U 9.5 (-196)||-102|
|Pitching Probables: TOR: Gausman (R) HOU: Javier (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Blue Jays vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (7-9), led by Mauricio Dubon on an 11-game hitting streak, will meet the Toronto Blue Jays (10-6) Monday at Minute Maid Park. The Blue Jays are -114 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 8:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW. Kevin Gausman will get the ball for Toronto while Houston will counter with Cristian Javier.
Blue Jays vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The Blue Jays score the seventh-most runs in baseball (80 total, five per game).
- The Blue Jays are 16th in MLB action with 16 total home runs.
- Toronto’s .277 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Blue Jays are sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Toronto’s .410 slugging percentage ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking eighth with 77 total runs this season.
- Houston has hit 16 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Astros rank 14th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- Houston has an on-base percentage of .334 this season, which ranks 13th in the majors.
- Fueled by 40 extra-base hits, the Astros rank 23rd in MLB with a .379 slugging percentage this season.
Blue Jays vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Blue Jays have won four of the five games they were favored on the moneyline this season (80%).
- Toronto has gone 4-1 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -114 or shorter (80% winning percentage).
- The Blue Jays have an implied moneyline win probability of 53.3% in this game.
- Toronto has played in seven games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total three times (3-4-0).
- The Blue Jays have put together a 4-3-0 record ATS this season (covering 57.1% of the time).
- The Astros have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
- Houston has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than -102.
- The implied probability of a win by the Astros, based on the moneyline, is 50.5%.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in three of its five chances.
- The Astros are 2-3-0 ATS in their five games with a spread this season.
|Kevin Gausman (TOR)||Pitcher||Cristian Javier (HOU)|
|1 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Matt Chapman is batting .421 with 15 RBI, both of which rank first among Toronto hitters this season.
- Including all batters in baseball, Chapman is 38th in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Bo Bichette is slugging .597 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in 11 runs.
- Bichette ranks 12th in homers and 32nd in RBI this season.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 24 hits this season and a slash line of .387/.473/.500.
- Guerrero will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .353.
- George Springer has 16 hits and an OBP of .315 to go with a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker has collected a team-high four home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Tucker ranks 12th in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has hit four home runs with 20 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Alvarez is 12th in home runs and first in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Alvarez takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman has a double, two home runs and 12 walks while batting .194.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .227 with six doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Pena has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!