MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Blue Jays||-1.5 (+116)||O 8.5 (-138)||-138|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-136)||U 8.5 (+109)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: TOR: Berrios (R) PIT: Oviedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Blue Jays vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (20-13) will try to end their five-game losing streak when they host the Toronto Blue Jays (19-14) on Saturday at 6:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. Bookmakers consider the Blue Jays to be -138 favorites for the contest, while the Pirates are +118 underdogs looking for the upset. Jose Berrios will get the ball for Toronto while Pittsburgh will counter with Johan Oviedo.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Blue Jays rank 11th in runs scored with 155, 4.7 per game.
- The Blue Jays rank 13th in MLB play with 37 total home runs.
- Toronto ranks 11th in MLB with a .254 batting average.
- The Blue Jays’ .329 on-base percentage ranks 10th-best in MLB.
- Toronto is 14th in MLB with a .408 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored the ninth-most runs in the league this season with 160.
- Pittsburgh ranks 17th in Major League Baseball with 35 home runs.
- The Pirates rank 12th in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .333 this season, which ranks seventh in baseball.
- The Pirates rank 10th in the majors with a .428 team slugging percentage.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Blue Jays have won 61.1% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (11-7).
- Toronto has gone 8-5 (winning 61.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -138 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Blue Jays have an implied win probability of 58%.
- In the 24 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Toronto, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 10 times (10-14-0).
- The Blue Jays have a 13-11-0 record against the spread this season (covering 54.2% of the time).
- This season, the Pirates have been the underdog 15 times and won seven, or 46.7%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh has entered 13 games this season as the underdog by +118 or more and is 6-7 in those contests.
- The Pirates have a 45.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of its 23 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 15-7-0 against the spread in their 22 chances this season.
|José Berríos (TOR)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|2 – 3||W/L||2 – 2|
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in home runs this season with seven while driving in 21 runs.
- Guerrero ranks 17th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 25th in RBI.
- Guerrero will look to extend his five-game hitting streak. He’s batting .364 with two homers in his last five games.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (22) this season while batting .329.
- Bichette is 17th in home runs and 22nd in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Bichette has a batting average of .400 with one homer over the course of his last five games and is on a two-game hit streak.
- Matt Chapman’s batting average of .350 leads all Toronto hitters this season.
- Daulton Varsho has 26 hits and an OBP of .313 to go with a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
- Varsho is batting .389 with two homers in his last five games. He also comes into Saturday’s game looking to extend his four-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates in runs batted in (23) and has put up a team-best batting average of .322.
- Reynolds ranks 57th in home runs and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Reynolds enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .417 with nine doubles, four walks and six RBI.
- Carlos Santana has 11 doubles, two home runs and 15 walks while hitting .270.
- Among all major league hitters, Santana ranks 181st in home runs and 38th in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has a team-high six homers.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .225 with eight doubles, two triples, a home run and 10 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!