MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Blue Jays||-1.5 (+120)||O 8.5 (-138)||-133|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-140)||U 8.5 (+109)||+113|
|Pitching Probables: TOR: Kikuchi (L) PIT: Contreras (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Blue Jays vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (20-14) hope to avoid their seventh straight defeat when they host the Toronto Blue Jays (20-14) Sunday at 1:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. The Blue Jays are listed as -133 favorites, while the Pirates are +113 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Blue Jays score the 10th-most runs in baseball (163 total, 4.8 per game).
- The Blue Jays average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 37 total home runs.
- Toronto’s .258 batting average is ninth-best in the majors.
- The Blue Jays rank seventh in MLB with a .334 on-base percentage.
- Toronto ranks 13th in baseball, slugging .411.
- The Pirates rank 11th in the majors with 162 total runs scored this season.
- Pittsburgh’s 36 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates’ .250 batting average ranks 13th in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 10th with an OBP of .329.
- Fueled by 115 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank 11th in MLB with a .424 slugging percentage this season.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Blue Jays have won 63.2% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (12-7).
- Toronto has gone 10-6 (winning 62.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -133 or shorter.
- The Blue Jays have an implied moneyline win probability of 57.1% in this contest.
- Toronto has had an over/under set by bookmakers 25 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 11 of those games (11-14-0).
- The Blue Jays have covered 56% of their games this season, going 14-11-0 against the spread.
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 16 games this season and won seven (43.8%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 6-8, a 42.9% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +113 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Pirates, based on the moneyline, is 46.9%.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of its 24 games with a total this season.
- In 23 games with a spread this season, the Pirates are 15-8-0 ATS.
|Yusei Kikuchi (TOR)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|4 – 0||W/L||3 – 2|
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in home runs this season with seven while driving in 21 runs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Guerrero is 14th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Guerrero is batting .364 with two homers during his last five outings and is on a five-game hitting streak.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (22) this season while batting .326.
- Bichette ranks 17th in MLB in homers, and 23rd in RBI.
- Bichette has a batting average of .211 during his last five outings and is on a three-game hit streak.
- Matt Chapman is batting .352 to lead Toronto, while adding five homers and 21 runs batted in this season.
- Chapman is batting .333 in his last 10 games while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Daulton Varsho has 28 hits and an OBP of .317 to go with a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
- Varsho is batting .474 with two homers over the course of his last five outings. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his five-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a team-high batting average of .320 while pacing the Pirates in runs batted in (23).
- In all of the majors, Reynolds ranks 60th in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Reynolds brings an 11-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .378 with eight doubles, four walks and five RBI.
- Carlos Santana has 11 doubles, two home runs and 15 walks while batting .261.
- Santana currently ranks 187th in home runs and 38th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Andrew McCutchen has five doubles, six home runs and 17 walks while hitting .238.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .234 with eight doubles, two triples, a home run and 10 walks.
- Hayes takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with .
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!