MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
|Nationals||– ()||O 8.5 (-121)||-131|
|Tigers||+ ()||U 8.5 (-104)||+112|
|Pitching Probables: WSH: Gray (R) DET: Wentz (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Nationals vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Washington Nationals (19-27) and the Detroit Tigers (20-23) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. The Nationals are -131 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Tigers (+112). Josiah Gray will get the ball for Washington while Detroit will counter with Joey Wentz.
Nationals vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Nationals have the No. 23 offense in baseball scoring 4.1 runs per game (187 total runs).
- The Nationals are second-worst in MLB play with 32 home runs.
- Washington is ninth in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Nationals are 16th in MLB with a .321 on-base percentage.
- Washington’s .374 slugging percentage is the third-lowest average in baseball.
- The Tigers are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 153 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Detroit’s 36 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Tigers rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .227.
- Detroit is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .293.
- The Tigers rank 29th in the majors with a .352 team slugging percentage.
Nationals vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Nationals have been the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Washington has not yet played as moneyline favorites of -131 or shorter.
- The Nationals have a 56.7% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Washington has played in 34 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-22-0).
- The Nationals have put together a 23-11-0 record against the spread this season (covering 67.6% of the time).
- The Tigers have won 16, or 50%, of the 32 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Detroit is 12-14 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +112 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 47.2% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Games involving Detroit have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 35 chances this season.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Tigers are 21-13-0 ATS.
|Josiah Gray (WSH)||Pitcher||Joey Wentz (DET)|
|3 – 5||W/L||1 – 3|
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in home runs with six, runs batted in with 23 and his batting average of .292 is also best on his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Thomas is 27th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage, and 67th in slugging.
- Thomas is batting .350 with two homers during his last five games and is on a six-game hitting streak.
- Jeimer Candelario leads Washington in home runs with six while driving in 19 runs and slugging .447.
- Candelario is 78th in homers and 104th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Luis Garcia is slashing .255/.301/.359 this season for the Nationals.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .242 with an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .369 this season.
- Ruiz is batting .176 with one homer in his last five outings. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Riley Greene has racked up a team-best batting average of .289.
- Greene’s home run total ranks 141st in the big leagues, and he is 150th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson has put up 20 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Torkelson is 141st overall in home runs and 97th in RBI this year.
- Torkelson heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .263 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Javier Baez is hitting .234 with six doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .271 with five doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!