MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Nationals||-1.5 (+146)||O 9.5 (-109)||-138|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-172)||U 9.5 (-116)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: WSH: Irvin (R) OAK: Medina (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Nationals vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Washington Nationals (51-66) are set to take on the Oakland Athletics (33-83) Saturday at 7:05 PM ET, airing on MASN. The Nationals are listed as -138 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Athletics have +118 odds for the contest. Jake Irvin gets the starting nod for Washington while Luis Medina is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Nationals vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Nationals have the No. 19 offense in baseball scoring 4.3 runs per game (506 total runs).
- The Nationals are second-worst in MLB play with 107 home runs.
- Washington has the fifth-best batting average in the majors (.259).
- The Nationals’ .318 on-base percentage is 16th in MLB.
- Washington is 19th in baseball, slugging .400.
- The Athletics have scored 411 runs (just 3.5 per game) this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Oakland has hit just 111 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .300 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .360 this season.
Nationals vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Nationals have compiled a 5-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 62.5% of those games).
- Washington has played as moneyline favorites of -138 or shorter in just two games this season, which it split 1-1.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Nationals a 58% chance to win.
- Washington has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 42 times this season for a 42-56-0 record against the over/under.
- The Nationals have gone 56-47-0 ATS this season.
- The Athletics have entered the game as underdogs 105 times this season and won 31, or 29.5%, of those games.
- Oakland has a record of 28-67 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +118 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 45.9% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 53 of its 102 opportunities.
- In 103 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 51-52-0 ATS.
|Jake Irvin (WSH)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|3 – 5||W/L||3 – 8|
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas is batting .283 with 20 home runs and 67 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Washington hitters this season.
- Thomas’ home runs rank him 35th in baseball, and he ranks 30th in RBI.
- Thomas is batting .143 with one homer during his last five games and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Joey Meneses is batting .280 with an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .416 this season.
- Meneses is 139th in homers and 42nd in RBI this season.
- Meneses enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .286 over the course of his last five outings with two homers.
- C.J. Abrams has 102 hits this season and a slash line of .260/.308/.420.
- Abrams will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he has a batting average of .250.
- Keibert Ruiz has collected 93 hits this season and has an OBP of .312. He’s slugging .403 on the year.
- Ruiz will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .412 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz has a team-high batting average of .251.
- Esteury Ruiz’s home run total ranks 366th in the big leagues, and he is 188th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker has shown off his power as he paces his team with 18 home runs and 48 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rooker ranks 47th in home runs and 104th in RBI.
- JJ Bleday has 11 doubles, nine home runs and 37 walks while batting .201.
- Shea Langeliers has 14 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .203.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!