NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Venue: Bryant-Denny Stadium
|Alabama||-7.5 (+100)||O 55.5 (-116)||-250|
|Texas||+7.5 (-121)||U 55.5 (-109)||+198|
The No. 3 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) are considered favorites (-7.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the No. 11 Texas Longhorns (1-0) on September 9, 2023, starting at 7:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN. The over/under for this one is set at 55.5 points.
The Crimson Tide faced the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders in their last game, winning 56-7. The Longhorns’ last game was a 37-10 win over the Rice Owls.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Alabama vs. Texas Key Stats
- Alabama has averaged 46.0 more points scored this season (56.0) than Texas has allowed (10.0).
- This season Texas puts up 30.0 more points per game (37.0) than Alabama allows (7.0).
Below are some more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||431.0 (62)||458.0 (51)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||211.0 (18)||176.0 (8)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||205.0 (40)||158.0 (61)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||226.0 (71)||300.0 (31)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1)||0 (1)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (26)||3 (7)|
Alabama vs. Texas Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The two teams averaged a combined 20.1 more points per game (75.6) a season ago than this game’s over/under of 55.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 15.7 fewer points per game (39.8) last season than this matchup’s total of 55.5 points.
- Alabama won six games against the spread last season, failing to cover or pushing seven times.
- Texas won eight games against the spread last year, failing to cover five times.
- When playing as at least 7.5-point favorites last season, Alabama had an ATS record of 6-6-1.
- Texas won their only game last year when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Alabama Statistical Leaders
- Jalen Milroe has thrown for 194 yards (13-for-18), with three touchdowns and zero interceptions (194.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the football seven times for 48 yards and two scores, averaging 48.0 YPG.
- Jase McClellan has rushed for 39 yards (39.0 YPG), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Isaiah Bond has five receptions for a team-high 76 yards (76.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jermaine Burton has also tacked on 62 yards, on three catches plus one touchdown. He averages 62.0 receiving yards per game.
- Amari Niblack has caught two passes for 49 yards and one touchdown, averaging 49.0 yards per game.
- Chris Braswell has notched a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding four tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Caleb Downs has totaled five tackles and leads the team in tackles.
- This season Jaylen Key leads the team with one interception and has added four tackles and one pass defended.
Texas Statistical Leaders
- Quinn Ewers has thrown for 260 yards while completing 63.3% of his passes, with three touchdowns and zero interceptions (260.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball eight times for 12 yards and one touchdown.
- Jaydon Blue has 10 attempts for a team-high 55 rushing yards (55.0 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- So far this year Jonathon Brooks has run for 52 yards on 12 carries (52.0 yards per game). Brooks also makes an impact in the passing game, catching two passes for 42 (42.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Xavier Worthy has reeled in seven passes for a team best 90 yards. He has been targeted 10 times, and averages 90.0 yards per game.
- Jordan Whittington has been targeted four times, and added 47 yards (on four catches).
- Ja’Tavion Sanders has collected 44 yards on two receptions with one touchdown, averaging 44.0 yards per game.
- Ethan Burke has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 1.0 TFL and four tackles.
- David Gbenda has totaled six tackles and 0.5 sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Jaylan Ford has a team-high one interception and has tacked on five tackles and one pass defended in one game this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!