NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Boone, North Carolina
- Venue: Kidd Brewer Stadium
|Appalachian State||-9.5 (-109)||O 48.5 (-111)||-370|
|East Carolina||+9.5 (-111)||U 48.5 (-114)||+281|
The Appalachian State Mountaineers (1-1) are favored by 9.5 points versus the East Carolina Pirates (0-2) on September 16, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 48.5.
The Mountaineers were defeated by the North Carolina Tar Heels 40-34 in their last outing. Their last time out, the Pirates lost 31-13 to the Marshall Thundering Herd.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Appalachian State vs. East Carolina Key Stats
- Appalachian State, on average, scores nine more points (39.5) than East Carolina allows (30.5).
- Appalachian State is 1-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it scores over 30.5 points.
- When East Carolina limits opposing offenses to less than 39.5 points, it is 0-2 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- East Carolina puts up 8 points per game, 24 fewer than Appalachian State gives up (32).
Here are a few more important figures from this season:
|Appalachian State||East Carolina|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||444 (53)||252 (126)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||443.5 (106)||397 (92)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||184.5 (47)||124.5 (95)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||259.5 (53)||127.5 (126)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (10)||3 (72)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (44)||1 (109)|
Appalachian State vs. East Carolina Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 48.5 is 1.0 point more than the combined points per game averages for Appalachian State (39.5 points per game) and East Carolina (8 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 14.0 fewer points than the 62.5 these two teams combine to allow per game.
- Appalachian State has a record of 1-0-0 against the spread this season.
- East Carolina is winless against the spread this year (0-1-0).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Appalachian State Statistical Leaders
- Joey Aguilar has compiled 449 passing yards (224.5 per game) while completing 33 of 56 throws (58.9%), with six touchdowns and one interception. He has tacked on 50 rushing yards, averaging 25 per game.
- Nate Noel has put up a team-best 244 yards (122 YPG) and tallied three touchdowns.
- Maquel Haywood has 88 rushing yards on 21 carries.
- DaShaun Davis has hauled in nine receptions for 143 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 13 times, and averages 71.5 receiving yards per game.
- Kaedin Robinson’s stat line this year reveals six catches for 97 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 48.5 receiving yards per game and has been targeted nine times.
- Dalton Stroman is averaging 41.5 yards per game, racking up four receptions (seven targets) for 83 yards and one touchdown.
- Michael Fletcher has collected a team-leading one sack, while adding one TFL and six tackles.
- Nicholas Ross’ 21 tackles mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Jackson Greene has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding five tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended.
East Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Mason Garcia has 142 passing yards (71 per game), one touchdown and two interceptions. He also has 154 rushing yards on 24 carries.
- Rahjai Harris has 51 yards on 14 carries (25.5 yards per game).
- Jsi Hatfield has reeled in six passes for a team best 69 yards. He has been targeted 13 times, and averages 34.5 yards per game.
- Jaylen Johnson has contributed with seven receptions (on 14 targets) for 67 yards.
- Javious Bond has caught three passes on four targets for 31 yards, averaging 15.5 yards per game.
- Julius Wood is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up zero sacks, one TFL and 15 tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!