NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 10:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Berkeley, California
- Venue: California Memorial Stadium
|Auburn||-6.5 (-113)||O 54.5 (-116)||-227|
|Cal||+6.5 (-107)||U 54.5 (-109)||+181|
The Auburn Tigers (1-0) are favored by 6.5 points against the California Golden Bears (1-0) on September 9, 2023, starting at 10:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN. An over/under of 54.5 points has been established for the matchup.
In their last outing, the Tigers won 59-14 over the UMass Minutemen. Last time out, the Golden Bears won 58-21 over the North Texas Mean Green.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Auburn vs. Cal Key Stats
- Auburn, on average, is scoring 38 more points per game this season (59) than Cal is allowing (21).
- Cal puts up 58 points per game, 44 more than Auburn gives up (14).
Below are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||492 (38)||669 (15)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||301 (55)||225 (24)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||289 (10)||357 (4)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||203 (82)||312 (28)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1)||2 (84)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (26)||3 (7)|
Auburn vs. Cal Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The two teams averaged a combined 5.8 fewer points per game (48.7) a season ago than this matchup’s total of 54.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 2.8 more points per game last season (57.3) than this game’s over/under of 54.5 points.
- Auburn compiled a 5-6-1 ATS record last year.
- Cal compiled a 7-5-0 record against the spread last season.
- Auburn did not cover the spread last season (0-3 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- When playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs last season, Cal had an ATS record of 4-2.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Auburn Statistical Leaders
- Payton Thorne has passed for 141 yards (10-for-17), with one touchdown and zero interceptions (141 YPG). He’s also run the football three times for 15 yards.
- Sean Jackson has run for a team-high 64 yards (64 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Jeremiah Cobb has rushed for 57 yards (57 per game), with one touchdown.
- Malcolm Johnson Jr. has two catches (two targets) and paces his team with 59 receiving yards (59 ypg).
- Jay Fair has also chipped in with five catches for 56 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted six times and averages 56 receiving yards per game.
- Shane Hooks is averaging 41 yards per game, racking up two receptions (six targets) for 41 yards.
- Marcus Harris has one sack to lead the team, and has also added one TFL and three tackles.
- Eugene Asante has racked up five tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- This season Jaylin Simpson leads the team with one interception and has added three tackles and one pass defended.
Cal Statistical Leaders
- Ben Finley has 279 passing yards (279 per game) with a 70.6% completion percentage (24-for-34), throwing for one touchdown with one interception.
- Jaydn Ott has rushed for a team-leading 188 yards on 20 attempts (188 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Ifanse has rushed for 54 yards on 10 carries (54 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground. He also has three catches for 21 yards.
- This season Jeremiah Hunter has six catches and leads the team with 64 yards (64 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Monroe Young has also tacked on four catches for 63 yards this year. He has been targeted six times, and puts up 63 receiving yards.
- Mavin Anderson has 41 receiving yards on two receptions (three targets).
- Myles Jernigan has one sack to lead the team, and has also added one interception.
- Jackson Sirmon has collected eight tackles, one TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Jernigan leads the team with one interception this season and has added one sack and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!