NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Venue: Rynearson Stadium
|Eastern Michigan||– ()||O 51.5 (-106)||-270|
|UMass||+ ()||U 51.5 (-119)||+212|
The Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-1) are considered favorites (-) according to the point spread ahead of their game against the UMass Minutemen (1-2) on September 16, 2023, starting at 2:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The game has an over/under of 51.5 points.
The Eagles head into the matchup after losing 25-6 to the Minnesota Golden Gophers in their last game on September 9. The Minutemen are coming off of a loss to the Miami (OH) RedHawks by the score of 41-28.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Eastern Michigan vs. UMass Key Stats
- UMass has allowed its opponents to score 43.3 points per game, 23.8 more than the 19.5 Eastern Michigan is scoring per contest.
- This season UMass scores 3.7 more points per game (27.7) than Eastern Michigan gives up (24).
- When UMass scores more than 24 points, it is against the spread and overall.
- When Eastern Michigan allows less than 27.7 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||218.5 (130)||332 (26)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||405.5 (95)||465.3 (131)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||95.5 (112)||133 (87)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||123 (127)||199 (98)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||4 (91)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (71)||6 (5)|
Eastern Michigan vs. UMass Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Eastern Michigan and UMass combined to average 9.2 fewer points per game a season ago than the over/under of 51.5 set for this game.
- Eastern Michigan and UMass allowed their opponents to average a combined 8.1 more points per game last season than the point total of 51.5 set for this matchup.
- Eastern Michigan put together a 7-6-0 record against the spread last season.
- UMass put together a 5-7-0 ATS record last season.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Eastern Michigan Statistical Leaders
- Austin Smith has collected 246 passing yards (123 per game) while completing 28 of 48 passes (58.3%), with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Samson Evans has picked up a team-high 125 rushing yards (62.5 YPG) plus one touchdown.
- Jaylon Jackson has rushed for 37 yards (18.5 YPG).
- Tanner Knue has been targeted 16 times and has 12 catches, leading his team with 94 yards (47 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown.
- Blake Daniels’ stat line this year reveals five catches for 53 yards. He puts up 26.5 receiving yards per game and has been targeted six times.
- Jere Getzinger Jr. has 32 receiving yards on five receptions (seven targets), averaging 16 yards per game.
- Mikah Coleman has two sacks to lead the team, and has also added two TFL and six tackles.
- Joseph Sparacio’s 18 tackles mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Bennett Walker has a team-high one interception and has tacked on one pass defended in two games this season.
UMass Statistical Leaders
- This campaign, Carlos Davis has recorded 350 passing yards (116.7 per game) while completing 28 of 40 passes (70%), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- Kay’Ron Adams has rushed for a team-high 237 yards on 45 carries (79 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- So far this season Taisun Phommachanh has rushed for 130 yards on 25 carries (43.3 yards per game), with two touchdowns.
- Anthony Simpson has 10 catches (17 targets) and paces his team with 188 receiving yards (62.7 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Christian Wells has also contributed four catches for 95 yards this season. He has been targeted five times, and averages 31.7 receiving yards.
- George Johnson has caught 10 passes on 19 targets for 94 yards and one touchdown.
- Billy Wooden has two sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up one TFL and 10 tackles.
- Tyler Rudolph’s 15 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Isaiah Rutherford has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding four tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!