NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ABC
- City: Boston, Massachusetts
- Venue: Alumni Stadium
|Florida State||-25.5 (-112)||O 47.5 (-117)||-5000|
|Boston College||+25.5 (-108)||U 47.5 (-107)||+1337|
The No. 3 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) are big favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -25.5) — against the Boston College Eagles (1-1) in a battle of two conference rivals. The total for this one is set at 47.5 points.
In their most recent game, the Seminoles knocked off the Southern Miss Golden Eagles 66-13. Last time out, the Eagles won 31-28 over the Holy Cross Crusaders.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Florida State vs. Boston College Key Stats
- Florida State has scored 55.5 points per game this season, 28 more than Boston College has given up.
- Florida State is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it scores over 27.5 points.
- Boston College scores 27.5 points per game, nine more than Florida State gives up (18.5).
- Boston College is against the spread and overall when the team scores more than 18.5 points.
- Florida State has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it surrenders fewer than 27.5 points.
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Florida State||Boston College|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||524 (18)||358.5 (92)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||359 (74)||366 (81)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||220.5 (23)||174 (54)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||303.5 (25)||184.5 (107)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (10)||1 (10)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (44)||2 (71)|
Florida State vs. Boston College Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Florida State and Boston College combined to average 6.4 more points per game a season ago than the over/under of 47.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams averaged a combined 50.9 points per game last season, 3.4 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- Florida State covered eight times in 13 games with a spread last season.
- Boston College put together a 4-8-0 record against the spread last year.
- Florida State was favored by 25.5 points or more last season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Florida State Statistical Leaders
- Jordan Travis has put up 517 passing yards (258.5 YPG) with a 63.3% completion percentage (38-for-60) while registering six touchdowns and one interception. He also has 58 rushing yards via 13 carries and one rushing touchdown.
- Trey Benson has run for a team-best 126 yards (63 YPG) and three touchdowns.
- Caziah Holmes has rushed for 63 yards (31.5 per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Keon Coleman has racked up 12 receptions for 170 yards, best on his team, and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 17 times, and averages 85 receiving yards per game.
- Johnny Wilson has also chipped in with seven catches for 104 yards. He has been targeted 14 times and averages 52 receiving yards per game.
- Lawrance Toafili has caught five passes on five targets for 55 yards.
- This season Dennis Briggs Jr. leads the team with two sacks and has added two TFL and five tackles.
- Over the course of his current campaign, Jarrian Jones has five tackles and one interception, and leads the team in both interceptions and tackles.
Boston College Statistical Leaders
- Thomas Castellanos has 339 passing yards (169.5 per game), four touchdowns and one interception. He also has 136 rushing yards on 25 carries with one touchdown.
- So far this season Kye Robichaux has rushed for 102 yards on 21 carries (51 yards per game), with one touchdown.
- This year Jaden Williams has four catches and leads the team with 105 yards (52.5 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Lewis Bond has been targeted 11 times, and contributed with 95 yards (on nine catches) and one touchdown.
- Ryan O’Keefe has 64 receiving yards on nine receptions (12 targets).
- Shitta Sillah has registered a team-leading one sack, while adding one TFL and three tackles.
- Vinny DePalma has racked up nine tackles and one TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!