NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Statesboro, Georgia
- Venue: Allen E. Paulson Stadium
|Georgia Southern||-6.5 (-113)||O 58.5 (-119)||-222|
|UAB||+6.5 (-107)||U 58.5 (-106)||+178|
The Georgia Southern Eagles (1-0) are favored by 6.5 points versus the UAB Blazers (1-0) on September 9, 2023, starting at 6:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 58.5.
The Eagles enter this matchup following a 34-0 win over the Citadel Bulldogs in their last game. Last time out, the Blazers won 35-6 over the North Carolina A&T Aggies.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Georgia Southern vs. UAB Key Stats
- Georgia Southern has averaged 28.0 more points this season (34.0) than UAB has allowed (6.0).
- This year UAB racks up 35.0 more points per game (35.0) than Georgia Southern surrenders (0.0).
Below are some more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||473.0 (46)||458.0 (51)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||212.0 (19)||163.0 (6)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||200.0 (42)||167.0 (55)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||273.0 (51)||291.0 (38)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (84)||1 (39)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||1 (50)||0 (97)|
Georgia Southern vs. UAB Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Georgia Southern and UAB combined to average 4.3 more points per game a season ago than the total of 58.5 set for this matchup.
- Georgia Southern and UAB allowed their opponents to average a combined 3.7 less points per game last season than the point total of 58.5 set for this game.
- Georgia Southern won seven games against the spread last season, failing to cover six times.
- UAB covered four times in 13 games with a spread last season.
- Georgia Southern covered the spread when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites in two of two chances last season.
- UAB did not cover the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more last year (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Georgia Southern Statistical Leaders
- Davis Brin has recorded 244 passing yards (244.0 per game) while completing 27 of 37 passes (73%), with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Jalen White has 19 attempts for a team-leading 125 rushing yards (125.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- OJ Arnold has run for 46 yards (46.0 YPG), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has six receptions for a team-high 76 yards (76.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Khaleb Hood has been targeted six times and tacked on 45 yards (on five catches).
- Anthony Queeley has caught four passes for 38 yards and one touchdown, averaging 38.0 yards per game.
- Khadry Jackson has collected a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding 1.0 TFL.
- This season Davon Gilmore has totaled 1.0 TFL, leading his team in tackles.
UAB Statistical Leaders
- Jacob Zeno has 291 passing yards (291.0 per game) and a 92.7% completion percentage, throwing three touchdown passes and zero interceptions. He also has 31 rushing yards on five carries, averaging 31.0 yards per game.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has rushed for a team-high 47 yards on six attempts (47.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns. He also has 33 receiving yards on four catches .
- So far this year Isaiah Jacobs has run for 42 yards on 10 carries (42.0 yards per game).
- Fred Farrier II has been targeted five times and has four catches, leading his team with 54 yards (54.0 per game).
- TJ Jones has also added two catches for 41 yards and one touchdown this year. He has been targeted three times, and puts up 41.0 receiving yards.
- Tejhaun Palmer has collected 35 yards on four receptions with one touchdown, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
- This season Jackson Bratton has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, collecting 2.0 sacks, 2.0 TFL and three tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!