NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Venue: Jerry Richardson Stadium
|Georgia State||-7.5 (-114)||–||-312|
The Georgia State Panthers (2-0) are considered favorites (-7.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game against the Charlotte 49ers (1-1) on September 16, 2023, starting at 6:00 PM ET, airing on ESPN+.
The Panthers head into the matchup after winning 35-14 over the UConn Huskies in their last game on September 9. The 49ers are coming off of a 38-20 loss to the Maryland Terrapins.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Georgia State vs. Charlotte Key Stats
- Georgia State has averaged 18 more points this season (38.5) than Charlotte has allowed (20.5).
- In games where Georgia State scores more than 20.5 points, it is overall and against the spread.
- Charlotte is 1-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 38.5 points.
- Charlotte racks up just 2.5 fewer points per game (22) than Georgia State surrenders (24.5).
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||409 (71)||329.5 (107)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||423 (102)||349 (67)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||240.5 (12)||172.5 (57)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||168.5 (114)||157 (120)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (10)||4 (91)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (12)||3 (44)|
Georgia State vs. Charlotte Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Georgia State went 6-5-1 ATS last season.
- Charlotte won four games against the spread last year, failing to cover or pushing eight times.
- Georgia State was favored by 7.5 points or more last season twice, and failed to cover both times.
- Charlotte was an underdog by 7.5 points or more seven times last year, and covered the spread in three of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Georgia State Statistical Leaders
- Darren Grainger has 337 passing yards (168.5 YPG) and a 67.4% completion percentage (31-for-46) while tossing three touchdowns. He also has 193 rushing yards on 24 attempts (plus one touchdown), averaging 96.5 yards per game.
- Marcus Carroll has churned out a team-high 291 rushing yards (145.5 per game) and six scores.
- Robert Lewis has been targeted 14 times and has 11 catches, leading his team with 127 yards (63.5 ypg) while also scoring two touchdowns.
- Tailique Williams has been targeted six times and tacked on 74 yards (on four catches) plus one touchdown.
- Ja’Cyais Credle has caught five passes for 57 yards, averaging 28.5 yards per game.
- Justin Abraham has one sack to lead the team, and has also added eight tackles.
- Jontrey Hunter’s 14 tackles and one TFL make him the team’s leading tackler.
- This season Josiah Robinson leads the team with one interception and has added one pass defended.
Charlotte Statistical Leaders
- Jalon Jones has 241 passing yards (120.5 per game), two touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has 116 rushing yards on 26 carries with one touchdown.
- Durell Robinson has 103 yards on 18 carries (51.5 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- This year Jairus Mack has five catches and leads the team with 109 yards (54.5 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Jack Hestera has also added eight catches for 88 yards this year. He has been targeted 10 times, and puts up 44 receiving yards.
- Bryce Kennon has caught two passes on three targets for 46 yards and one touchdown, averaging 23 yards per game.
- Prince Bemah has one sack to lead the team, and has also added one TFL and nine tackles.
- Wayne Jones’ 13 tackles and one TFL make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Kameron Howard has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding three tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!