NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: NFL Network
- City: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Rice Stadium
The Houston Cougars (1-0) are favored by 9.5 points against the Rice Owls (0-1) on September 9, 2023, starting at 7:00 PM ET, airing on NFL Network.
In their most recent outing, the Cougars defeated the UTSA Roadrunners 17-14. Last time out, the Owls were beaten by the Texas Longhorns 37-10.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Houston vs. Rice Key Stats
- Rice has allowed an average of 37 points per game, 20 more than the 17 Houston has scored.
- Rice racks up 10 points per game, four fewer than Houston surrenders (14).
Below are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||334 (97)||176 (129)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||417 (90)||458 (99)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||101 (102)||27 (127)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||233 (68)||149 (108)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||0 (1)||3 (107)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (7)||0 (97)|
Houston vs. Rice Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Houston has covered in its only game with a spread this season.
- Rice has covered once in one chances against the spread this year.
- Rice has been an underdog by 9.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Houston Statistical Leaders
- This year Donovan Smith has accumulated 233 passing yards (233 YPG) while completing 64.7% of his passes, with two touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also has 31 yards on the ground on 13 attempts, averaging 31 yards per game.
- Tony Mathis has churned out a team-leading 38 rushing yards (38 per game) and zero scores.
- Sam Brown has racked up six catches for 106 yards, best on his team. He has been targeted six times, and averages 106 receiving yards per game.
- Joseph Manjack IV has added 67 yards, on six catches plus one touchdown. He puts up 67 receiving yards per game.
- Matthew Golden has 36 receiving yards on four receptions (seven targets), with one touchdown, averaging 36 yards per game.
- This season Nelson Ceaser leads the team with one sack and has added one TFL and four tackles.
- Alex Hogan has collected six tackles and one TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Malik Fleming has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on three tackles and two passes defended in one game this season.
Rice Statistical Leaders
- JT Daniels has thrown for 149 yards while completing 53.8% of his passes, with one touchdown and two interceptions (149 yards per game).
- Dean Connors has churned out a team-best 23 rushing yards (23 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- So far this season Tre’Shon Devones has rushed for 6 yards on one carries (6 yards per game).
- This season Braylen Walker has two receptions and leads the team with 47 yards (47 per game).
- Boden Groen has been targeted six times, and contributed with 28 yards (on four catches).
- Luke McCaffrey is averaging 22 receiving yards per game, racking up two receptions (seven targets) for 22 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Josh Pearcy leads the team with one sack and has added one TFL and three tackles.
- Plae Wyatt’s eight tackles mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!