NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Venue: Bridgeforth Stadium and Zane Showker Field
|James Madison||-3.5 (-103)||O 51.5 (-116)||-158|
|South Alabama||+3.5 (-119)||U 51.5 (-109)||+129|
The James Madison Dukes (4-0) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5) — against the South Alabama Jaguars (2-2) in a battle of two conference rivals. An over/under of 51.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Dukes head into the matchup after winning 45-38 over the Utah State Aggies in their last game on September 23. Last time out, the Jaguars were beaten by the Central Michigan Chippewas 34-30.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
James Madison vs. South Alabama Key Stats
- James Madison, on average, scores 10.0 more points (33.8) than South Alabama allows (23.8).
- James Madison is 3-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it scores over 23.8 points.
- When the Jags defense allows fewer than 33.8 points, South Alabama has put together a 2-0 overall record and a 1-0 record against the spread.
- South Alabama scores 28.8 points per game, 6.3 more than James Madison surrenders (22.5).
- South Alabama is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it records more than 22.5 points.
- This season James Madison is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 28.8 points.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|James Madison||South Alabama|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||408.3 (63)||393.5 (77)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||355.8 (67)||352.8 (65)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||166.5 (52)||179.3 (42)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||241.8 (63)||214.3 (96)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (69)||6 (69)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (54)||7 (33)|
James Madison vs. South Alabama Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- James Madison averages 33.8 points per game against South Alabama’s 28.8, amounting to 11.1 points over the matchup’s over/under of 51.5.
- The 46.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 5.2 fewer than the 51.5 total in this contest.
- James Madison has covered twice in three games with a spread this season.
- South Alabama has covered once in three chances against the spread this year.
- James Madison has been favored by 3.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- South Alabama has been an underdog by 3.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
James Madison Statistical Leaders
- Jordan McCloud has passed for 932 yards (68-for-102), with eight touchdowns and two interceptions (233.0 yards per game). He’s also run the football 25 times for 47 yards and two touchdowns.
- Kaelon Black has taken 54 attempts for a team-high 304 rushing yards (76.0 YPG). He’s also caught 12 passes for 103 yards with one touchdown receiving.
- Ty Son Lawton has rushed for 191 yards (47.8 per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Reggie Brown has 15 receptions for a team-high 354 yards (88.5 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Elijah Sarratt has been targeted 17 times and added 188 yards (on 14 catches) plus one touchdown.
- Jamree Kromah has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 5.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Aiden Fisher’s 22 tackles and one interception mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- This season Devyn Coles leads the team with one interception and has added six tackles and one pass defended.
South Alabama Statistical Leaders
- Carter Bradley has 854 passing yards (213.5 per game) and a 69.7% completion percentage, throwing six touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- La’Damian Webb has racked up a team-high 340 rushing yards (85.0 per game) and scored six touchdowns.
- Kentrel Bullock has 255 yards on 49 carries (63.8 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Caullin Lacy has 26 catches (33 targets) and paces his team with 435 receiving yards (108.8 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Jamaal Pritchett has tacked on 161 yards on 14 catches. He has been targeted 19 times and averages 40.3 receiving yards.
- Devin Voisin is averaging 19.3 yards per game, with five catches for 77 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Brock Higdon leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and four tackles.
- Jaden Voisin’s seven tackles mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Marquise Robinson has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!