NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Lawrence, Kansas
- Venue: David Booth Memorial Stadium (Lawrence, KS)
|Kansas||-3.5 (-103)||O 56.5 (-111)||-153|
|Illinois||+3.5 (-119)||U 56.5 (-114)||+125|
The Kansas Jayhawks (1-0) are favored by 3.5 points versus the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0) on September 8, 2023, starting at 7:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN2. The expected point total for the game is 56.5.
The Jayhawks head into the matchup after winning 48-17 over the Missouri State Bears in their last game on September 1. The Fighting Illini’s last game was a 30-28 win over the Toledo Rockets.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Kansas vs. Illinois Key Stats
- Kansas has scored 48 points per game this season, 20 more than Illinois has given up.
- Illinois averages 13 more points per game (30) than Kansas gives up (17).
Here are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||521 (30)||374 (82)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||217 (21)||416 (89)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||245 (19)||163 (58)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||276 (47)||211 (77)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (39)||1 (39)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (26)||1 (50)|
Kansas vs. Illinois Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The two teams averaged a combined 3.3 more points per game (59.8) a season ago than this game’s total of 56.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 48.3 points per game last season, 8.2 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- Kansas won seven games against the spread last season, failing to cover or pushing six times.
- Illinois compiled an 8-5-0 record against the spread last season.
- Kansas won each of its two games last season when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Illinois was 3-1 ATS last year when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Kansas Statistical Leaders
- Jason Bean has 276 passing yards (276 YPG) and a 78.6% completion percentage (22-for-28) while pitching two touchdowns. He also has 41 rushing yards on five attempts , averaging 41 yards per game.
- Devin Neal has racked up a team-high 94 rushing yards (94 YPG) plus one touchdown. He has tacked on three catches for 25 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Lawrence Arnold has four receptions for a team-high 77 yards (77 per game).
- Quentin Skinner has chipped in with four catches for 77 yards. He has been targeted six times and puts up 77 receiving yards per game.
- Luke Grimm has caught four passes on four targets for 33 yards and one touchdown.
- Jereme Robinson has one sack to lead the team, and has also collected one TFL.
- Rich Miller has totaled seven tackles, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Jacobee Bryant leads the team with one interception and has added one TFL and one pass defended.
Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Luke Altmyer has 211 passing yards (211 per game), two touchdowns and one interception. He also has 69 rushing yards on nine carries.
- Reggie Love III has run for 58 yards on 12 carries (58 yards per game).
- Pat Bryant has hauled in six passes for a team best 64 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted seven times, and averages 64 yards per game.
- Casey Washington has added four catches for 54 yards this season. He has been targeted five times, and puts up 54 receiving yards.
- Isaiah Williams is averaging 51 receiving yards per game, racking up five receptions (nine targets) for 51 yards.
- Tarique Barnes has notched a team-leading one sack, while adding two TFL and seven tackles.
- Dylan Rosiek has totaled eight tackles and one TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- In terms of picks, Miles Scott leads the team with one interception this season and has added six tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!