NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Lexington, Kentucky
- Venue: Kroger Field
The Kentucky Wildcats (2-0) are favored by 26.5 points versus the Akron Zips (1-1) on September 16, 2023, starting at 7:30 PM ET, airing on ESPNU.
The Wildcats squared off against the Eastern Kentucky Colonels in their last game, winning 28-17. The Zips’ last game was a 24-21 win over the Morgan State Bears.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Kentucky vs. Akron Key Stats
- Kentucky has averaged 13.5 more points scored this season (36) than Akron has allowed (22.5).
- In games where Kentucky scores more than 22.5 points, it is overall and against the spread.
- When the Zips defense allows less than 36 points, Akron has put together a 1-1 overall record and a 1-0 record against the spread.
- This year Akron puts up seven more points per game (22.5) than Kentucky surrenders (15.5).
- Akron is 1-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall in games when it puts up more than 15.5 points.
Below are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||385.5 (83)||270.5 (122)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||303 (43)||292 (37)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||115.5 (101)||41 (130)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||270 (46)||229.5 (73)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||6 (121)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||4 (30)||3 (44)|
Kentucky vs. Akron Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Kentucky covered eight times in 13 matchups with a spread last season.
- Akron compiled a 7-5-0 ATS record last season.
- Kentucky covered the spread once when favored by 26.5 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- Akron covered the spread once last season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 26.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Kentucky Statistical Leaders
- Devin Leary has thrown for 540 yards while completing 60.9% of his passes (42-for-69), with five touchdowns and two interceptions (270 yards per game).
- Re’Mahn Davis has taken 26 attempts for a team-high 164 rushing yards (82 per game) and two touchdowns. He’s also caught six passes for 46 yards with one touchdown through the air.
- Barion Brown has 34 yards on two attempts (17 ypg). He also has nine catches for 90 yards and one score.
- Tayvion Robinson has racked up nine receptions for 174 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 11 times, and averages 87 receiving yards per game.
- Dane Key has also contributed with nine receptions (on 16 targets) for 138 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Kahlil Saunders has collected a team-leading 1.5 sacks, while adding one TFL and six tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Trevin Wallace has totaled 15 tackles, two TFL, and 1.5 sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Maxwell Hairston has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding eight tackles and one pass defended.
Akron Statistical Leaders
- This campaign, DJ Iron has recorded 258 passing yards (129 per game) while completing 24 of 38 passes (63.2%), with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Drake Anderson has run for a team-high 67 yards on 13 attempts (33.5 yards per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Lorenzo Lingard has run for 48 yards on 14 carries (24 yards per game). Lingard also figures heavily in the passing game, catching three passes for 98 (49 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Daniel George has grabbed six passes for a team best 100 yards. He has been targeted 12 times, and averages 50 yards per game.
- Alex Adams has totaled 86 yards on nine receptions with one touchdown, averaging 43 yards per game.
- CJ Nunnally is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up two sacks, two TFL and three tackles.
- Kerry Martin Jr. has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!