NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Starkville, Mississippi
- Venue: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field
|LSU||-9.5 (-113)||O 54.5 (-112)||-370|
|Mississippi State||+9.5 (-107)||U 54.5 (-113)||+281|
The No. 14 LSU Tigers (1-1) and Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-0) will play each other in a battle of two conference rivals. The Tigers are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -9.5). The predicted point total for the game is 54.5.
The Tigers knocked off the Grambling Tigers 72-10 in their most recent game. The Bulldogs’ last game was a 31-24 win over the Arizona Wildcats.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
LSU vs. Mississippi State Key Stats
- LSU has averaged 32.5 more points this season (48.0) than Mississippi State has allowed (15.5).
- In games where LSU scores more than 15.5 points, it is 1-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- When Mississippi State limits opposing offenses to less than 48.0 points, it is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Mississippi State scores 39.5 points per game, 12.0 more than LSU surrenders (27.5).
- Mississippi State is 0-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it scores more than 27.5 points.
Below are some more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||541.0 (15)||416.0 (66)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||407.0 (96)||319.5 (52)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||207.5 (30)||221.5 (21)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||333.5 (11)||194.5 (103)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (37)||1 (10)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (44)||6 (5)|
LSU vs. Mississippi State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 87.5 points per game, 33.0 points more than the over/under of 54.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 43 points per game, 11.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- LSU has put together a 0-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
LSU Statistical Leaders
- This season Jayden Daniels has accumulated 616 passing yards (308.0 YPG) while completing 65.6% of his passes, with six touchdowns and one interception. He also has 93 yards on the ground on 20 carries, averaging 46.5 yards per game.
- Logan Diggs has taken 15 carries for a team-high 115 rushing yards (57.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Brian Thomas Jr. has 13 catches (16 targets) and paces his team with 220 receiving yards (110.0 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Malik Nabers has also added 11 catches for 154 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 20 times and averages 77.0 receiving yards per game.
- Kyren Lacy has collected 99 yards on six receptions with one touchdown, averaging 49.5 yards per game.
- Jordan Jefferson has notched a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding 2.0 TFL.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Omar Speights has racked up six tackles and leads the team in tackles.
- Greg Penn III has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding one pass defended.
Mississippi State Statistical Leaders
- Will Rogers has 389 passing yards (194.5 per game) and a 71.7% completion percentage, throwing five touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
- Jo’Quavious Marks has taken 43 attempts for 250 rushing yards (125.0 per game) while scoring three touchdowns. He’s also caught eight passes for 91 yards .
- So far this season Michael Wright has rushed for 92 yards on six carries (46.0 yards per game).
- This season Lideatrick Griffin has nine receptions for a team-high 116 yards (58.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Creed Whittemore is averaging 29.5 yards per game, with four catches for 59 yards and one touchdown.
- Jett Johnson has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL, seven tackles, and two interceptions.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Nathaniel Watson has totaled eight tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Johnson has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding seven tackles, 2.0 TFL, two sacks, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!