NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Greenville, North Carolina
- Venue: Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
|Marshall||-3.5 (-103)||O 46.5 (-114)||-153|
|East Carolina||+3.5 (-119)||U 46.5 (-111)||+125|
The Marshall Thundering Herd (1-0) are favored by 3.5 points versus the East Carolina Pirates (0-1) on September 9, 2023, starting at 4:00 PM ET, airing on ESPNU. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 46.5.
The Thundering Herd defeated the Albany (NY) Great Danes 21-17 in their most recent outing. The Pirates’ last game was a 30-3 loss to the Michigan Wolverines.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Marshall vs. East Carolina Key Stats
- East Carolina has allowed its opponents an average of 30.0 points per game this season, 9.0 more than the 21.0 Marshall has put on the board per contest.
- East Carolina scores 14.0 fewer points per game (3.0) than Marshall surrenders (17.0).
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||413.0 (71)||235.0 (120)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||300.0 (54)||402.0 (84)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||145.0 (70)||103.0 (101)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||268.0 (53)||132.0 (116)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (39)||1 (39)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||0 (97)||0 (97)|
Marshall vs. East Carolina Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The two teams averaged a combined 10.5 more points per game (57) a season ago than this game’s total of 46.5 points.
- Marshall and East Carolina allowed their opponents to average a combined 3.3 less points per game last season than the point total of 46.5 set in this game.
- Marshall put together a 7-6-0 ATS record last year.
- East Carolina won eight games against the spread last year, failing to cover five times.
- Marshall had an ATS record of 4-5 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites last season.
- East Carolina was an underdog by 3.5 points or more four times last season, and covered the spread in each of those games.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Marshall Statistical Leaders
- This season Cam Fancher has racked up 268 passing yards (268.0 YPG) while completing 80% of his passes, with one touchdown and one interception. He also has 16 yards on the ground on five attempts, averaging 16.0 yards per game.
- Rasheen Ali has taken 18 attempts for a team-high 137 rushing yards (137.0 YPG) and two touchdowns.
- Charles Montgomery has six catches (seven targets) and paces his team with 81 receiving yards (81.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Cade Conley has been targeted seven times and contributed with 79 yards (on seven catches).
- DeMarcus Harris has 32 receiving yards on five receptions (six targets), averaging 32.0 yards per game.
- Sam Burton is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up 2.5 sacks, 2.0 TFL and three tackles.
East Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Mason Garcia has 80 passing yards (80.0 per game) and one interception. He also has 36 rushing yards on eight carries.
- Rahjai Harris has run for 22 yards on five carries (22.0 yards per game).
- This year Javious Bond has three receptions and leads the team with 31 yards (31.0 per game).
- Jaylen Johnson has tacked on 30 yards on three catches. He has been targeted six times and averages 30.0 receiving yards.
- Jarett Garner has caught four passes on four targets for 22 yards, averaging 22.0 yards per game.
- Julius Wood boasts an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, collecting 0.0 sacks, nine tackles.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!