NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Lincoln, Nebraska
- Venue: Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE)
|Northern Illinois||+11.5 (-116)||–||+362|
The Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-2) are considered favorites (-11.5) according to the point spread ahead of their game versus the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-1) on September 16, 2023, starting at 7:00 PM ET, airing on Fox Sports 1.
In their most recent game, the Cornhuskers lost 36-14 to the Colorado Buffaloes. Last time out, the Huskies fell to the Southern Illinois Salukis 14-11.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Nebraska vs. Northern Illinois Key Stats
- Nebraska has averaged 7.0 fewer points per game (12.0) than Northern Illinois has allowed (19.0).
- Northern Illinois racks up 5.5 fewer points per game (19.0) than Nebraska gives up (24.5).
Below are some more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||318.0 (116)||349.0 (97)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||352.5 (69)||266.5 (24)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||201.5 (36)||114.5 (103)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||116.5 (128)||234.5 (69)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (107)||4 (91)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||2 (71)||1 (109)|
Nebraska vs. Northern Illinois Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Nebraska put together a 5-7-0 record against the spread last season.
- Northern Illinois won four games against the spread last year, failing to cover eight times.
- Nebraska did not cover the spread last season (0-3 ATS) when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- Northern Illinois covered the spread when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity last year.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Nebraska Statistical Leaders
- Jeff Sims has 220 passing yards (110.0 YPG) and a 58.8% completion percentage (20-for-34) while tossing one touchdown and four interceptions. He also has 158 rushing yards on 29 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 79.0 yards per game.
- So far this season Gabe Ervin Jr. has rushed for 129 yards (64.5 per game).
- Billy Kemp IV has hauled in five passes for a team-high 57 yards. He averages 28.5 receiving yards per game.
- Alex Bullock has also tacked on three receptions (on five targets) for 56 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Marcus Washington is averaging 22.0 yards per game, with four catches for 44 yards.
- Luke Reimer has collected a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Isaac Gifford’s eight tackles mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Omar Brown has a team-high one interception and has tacked on four tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in two games this season.
Northern Illinois Statistical Leaders
- This season, Rocky Lombardi has collected 462 passing yards (231.0 per game) while completing 36 of 67 passes (53.7%), with one touchdown and three interceptions.
- Antario Brown has picked up a team-high 112 rushing yards (56.0 per game) and scored one touchdown.
- Gavin Williams has 71 yards on 17 carries (35.5 yards per game). He also has five catches for 32 yards.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has 11 catches (16 targets) and paces his team with 185 receiving yards (92.5 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Christian Carter has added five receptions (on seven targets) for 100 yards.
- Grayson Barnes has racked up 40 yards on three receptions, averaging 20.0 yards per game.
- This season Roy Williams leads the team with 1.5 sacks and has added 1.0 TFL and four tackles.
- Jordan Hansen has racked up six tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- JaVaughn Byrd has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!