NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Time: 5:15 PM ET
- Channel: ACC Network
- City: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Venue: Kenan Memorial Stadium
|North Carolina||-17.5 (-113)||O 60.5 (-111)||-833|
|Appalachian State||+17.5 (-107)||U 60.5 (-114)||+536|
The No. 17 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) are considered favorites (-17.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the Appalachian State Mountaineers (1-0) on September 9, 2023, starting at 5:15 PM ET, airing on ACC Network. The game has an over/under of 60.5 points.
The Tar Heels squared off against the South Carolina Gamecocks in their last game, winning 31-17. Last time out, the Mountaineers defeated the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs 45-24.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
North Carolina vs. Appalachian State Key Stats
- North Carolina has averaged seven more points this season (31) than Appalachian State has allowed (24).
- Appalachian State scores 28 more points per game (45) than North Carolina gives up (17).
Here are some more important numbers from this season:
|North Carolina||Appalachian State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||437 (58)||394 (78)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||351 (69)||360 (73)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||168 (54)||150 (65)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||269 (52)||244 (63)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (84)||0 (1)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||0 (97)||3 (7)|
North Carolina vs. Appalachian State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- North Carolina and Appalachian State combined to average 8.8 more points per game a season ago than the over/under of 60.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 57.6 points per game last season, 2.9 fewer than the point total for this game.
- North Carolina went 6-7-1 ATS last season.
- Appalachian State won three games against the spread last year, failing to cover nine times.
- North Carolina did not cover the spread last season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 17.5-point favorites.
- Appalachian State covered the spread when playing as at least 17.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity last season.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline last season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
North Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Drake Maye has accumulated 269 passing yards (269 per game) while connecting on 24 of 32 passes (75%), with two touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 25 rushing yards, averaging 25 per game.
- British Brooks has racked up a team-leading 103 yards (103 YPG). He also averages 18 receiving yards, reeling in three passes for 18 yards.
- So far this year Omarion Hampton has rushed for 37 yards (37 per game), with two touchdowns.
- Kobe Paysour has seven catches (on nine targets) and leads the team with 66 receiving yards (66 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- John Copenhaver’s stat line this year reveals three catches for 52 yards and one touchdown. He averages 52 receiving yards per game and has been targeted three times.
- Kamari Morales is averaging 46 yards per game, racking up three receptions (three targets) for 46 yards.
- Kaimon Rucker has notched a team-leading two sacks, while adding five TFL and seven tackles.
- Alijah Huzzie’s eight tackles and one TFL mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
Appalachian State Statistical Leaders
- Joey Aguilar has thrown for 174 yards while completing 84.6% of his passes, with four touchdowns and zero interceptions (174 yards per game).
- Nate Noel has run for a team-leading 117 yards on 24 attempts (117 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Maquel Haywood has rushed for 46 yards on 11 carries (46 yards per game).
- This season Kaedin Robinson has four receptions for a team-high 64 yards (64 per game) and one touchdown.
- Christan Horn has hauled in four catches for 50 yards (50 per game) and one touchdown.
- Dalton Stroman has 49 receiving yards on two receptions (two targets), with one touchdown.
- Nicholas Ross is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up zero sacks, 12 tackles.
- In terms of picks, Jackson Greene leads the team with one interception this season and has added one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!